Skip to main content

Real Faith

 







Lately, I’ve been praying that God would open doors for me to share my faith.
  
Sometimes this is hard for me.  I often feel inadequate, and I am afraid of 

saying the wrong thing.  Often, I miss opportunities to share my faith because I 

am not ready to share my faith when the opportunity arises.  Last week I was 

working in receiving when a vendor showed up.  I asked how he was doing, and 

he said, “I’ve been better.”    I asked what was wrong and he replied, “Every 

store I’ve been to, has had a problem checking in using the bar codes.  My first 

thought was, well honey I don’t have time for that.”  Then, I bowed my head and 

said a quick prayer asking God to let the bar code work.  He looked at me like I 

had slipped a cog or something.   He handed me the invoice with the barcode 

on it. At this point, I was thinking, “I am going to look like a jerk if the bar code 

doesn’t work.  I scanned the bar code, half afraid to look at the scanner to see 

what happened.  I looked, and to my delight, the invoice was there and there 

was not even so much as an audit.  He looked at me and said, “I don’t know 

what happened.”  I smiled and reminded him that I had prayed.  He was 

practically jumping out of his skin with excitement.  He looked at me and said, 

“That was real faith right there!”   Praise God!  I am not sure where he is in his 

relationship with God, but I can be sure that a seed was planted and maybe, if 

he already knows Christ, his faith will grow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You God For Turning Our Ashes into Beauty

There are tragedy and sadness in everyone's life, No one is exempt. Yet, in the midst of the hurt and pain, God is there. He takes the things that hurt us and make us sad and turns them into things are beautiful. The death of my mother  was a tragedy to my dad. However, because of that tragedy, my dad began to see his need for God. In his brokenness, he found a God that could make him whole.  God turned his ashes into beauty. My dad, in turn, taught me to love God.   I am blessed to know God as my savior because of my dad. God also blessed me with a lovely step-mom Life is harsh at times, and many things are sad,  Yet, if we let him, he will take our ashes and make them into a work of art.   He delights in making the ash heaps of our life beautiful.   When we are broken, God is near, and where there is sorrow, he will turn it into dancing.   Thank you, God, F...

Doctors and Taxes

Tonight, I’m doing something I absolutely hate.  My husband and I are working on a budget.  I imagine that most of you feel the same way. It’ kind of like taxes and doctors, we dislike them and breathe a sigh of relief when they are done. Truth be told; we really don’t enjoy working on a budget at all.  Yet it is one of the necessary components in knowing exactly how much you have and what you can spend. If indeed we are responsible to God for how we handle the resources that God has given us, then we need a clear picture. One piece of the puzzle that can bring the whole puzzle into focus is a budget.  It allows you to see and compare what you spend with what you have.  Sometimes as I’ve done a budget and looked at what I saw, I could see that the problem was little things that add up.  I realized that the problem was that I forgot the advice I had been given long ago, little things add up.  As we do a budget, we often see little things th...

Rest For Your Soul

Tonight was such a beautiful sunny night that I decided to go for a walk and enjoy the warm summer sun before another wave of rain hits.  As I cranked up my music and headed out.  I could not help but praise God for the area in which I live.   I, quite literally, live 5 minutes from a small town.   If I want to walk, I can walk down deserted country roads without driving at all.  Yes, I am incredibly blessed.  I saw baby bunnies eating grass by the edge of the road and talked with the most friendly Jersey cows.  They always walk over to the edge of the fence as I walk by nodding their heads in greeting.   There was a deer, in a hurry to catch up with his “deer” friends I suppose.  There were daisies and buttercups, apple trees by the edge of the road and a creek that floods at least once during the spring.  I also occasionally see a very friendly donkey and a few horses who always come to the edge of the fence hoping I have sugar for...