Skip to main content

To Mask or not to Mask


 Do everything in love.

                                                                                       1 Corinthians 16:14 


              In case you've been living,
 
or hiding under a rock the last few months,
 
( I don't blame you, at this point)
 
there is a huge debate that is cutting into the fabric of everyone's life. 
 
Are you ready for the debate that everyone is ready to come to blows about? 
 
MASKS! 
 
You read that right masks.   
 
Should you wear one should you not wear one.   
 
It's crazy! 
 
People are getting into fisticuffs over a face covering.   
 
Everyone has a point of view on the subject and "facts" to prove they are right.   
 
Some people insist that everyone should wear a mask. 
 
"It's an act of love and consideration for your fellow man",
 
they say,
 
"it keeps everyone safe". 
 
Meanwhile others are just as sure that not wearing a mask is an
 
"act of faith" and an "infringement on their rights as a living breathing free American".   
 
I have no desire to enter the debate on either side. 
 
Instead I would like to suggest a third option.   
 
LOVE. 
 
Let's read it again slower.   
 
L   O   V   E.   
 
I seriously doubt that God cares if we wear masks or not. 
 
You're no better if you do and no worse if you don't.   
 
My suggestion ... 
 
Let's cut each other some slack.  This is an area where God has not spoken.   
 
If you wear a facecovering,
 
GREAT! 
 
I'll give you a high five and respect your decision to wear a mask. 
 
If you choose not to wear a mask, 
 
SUPER! 
 
I'll give you a high five as well and I'll respect your choice to ot wear a mask. 
 
          Perhaps you choose to decide whether you wear a mask depending on the situation. 
 
That's fine too.
 
Guess what?  I really don't care if you wear one or not. 
 
I'll live and mind my own business.
 
Let's not shame and judge each other for something as small as a cloth over the face. 
 
Would not God prefer that we love that man without a mask?  or the lady with one?  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
           

 
 
 
 
                                                                       

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You God For Turning Our Ashes into Beauty

There are tragedy and sadness in everyone's life, No one is exempt. Yet, in the midst of the hurt and pain, God is there. He takes the things that hurt us and make us sad and turns them into things are beautiful. The death of my mother  was a tragedy to my dad. However, because of that tragedy, my dad began to see his need for God. In his brokenness, he found a God that could make him whole.  God turned his ashes into beauty. My dad, in turn, taught me to love God.   I am blessed to know God as my savior because of my dad. God also blessed me with a lovely step-mom Life is harsh at times, and many things are sad,  Yet, if we let him, he will take our ashes and make them into a work of art.   He delights in making the ash heaps of our life beautiful.   When we are broken, God is near, and where there is sorrow, he will turn it into dancing.   Thank you, God, F...

Doctors and Taxes

Tonight, I’m doing something I absolutely hate.  My husband and I are working on a budget.  I imagine that most of you feel the same way. It’ kind of like taxes and doctors, we dislike them and breathe a sigh of relief when they are done. Truth be told; we really don’t enjoy working on a budget at all.  Yet it is one of the necessary components in knowing exactly how much you have and what you can spend. If indeed we are responsible to God for how we handle the resources that God has given us, then we need a clear picture. One piece of the puzzle that can bring the whole puzzle into focus is a budget.  It allows you to see and compare what you spend with what you have.  Sometimes as I’ve done a budget and looked at what I saw, I could see that the problem was little things that add up.  I realized that the problem was that I forgot the advice I had been given long ago, little things add up.  As we do a budget, we often see little things th...

Rest For Your Soul

Tonight was such a beautiful sunny night that I decided to go for a walk and enjoy the warm summer sun before another wave of rain hits.  As I cranked up my music and headed out.  I could not help but praise God for the area in which I live.   I, quite literally, live 5 minutes from a small town.   If I want to walk, I can walk down deserted country roads without driving at all.  Yes, I am incredibly blessed.  I saw baby bunnies eating grass by the edge of the road and talked with the most friendly Jersey cows.  They always walk over to the edge of the fence as I walk by nodding their heads in greeting.   There was a deer, in a hurry to catch up with his “deer” friends I suppose.  There were daisies and buttercups, apple trees by the edge of the road and a creek that floods at least once during the spring.  I also occasionally see a very friendly donkey and a few horses who always come to the edge of the fence hoping I have sugar for...