Skip to main content

A Plan With A Promise








he will crush[b] your head,
    and you will strike his heel.”  Genesis 3:15




As we begin the Christmas season,  

I think it's appropriate to look at the beginning of the Christmas story


See, the story begins way back in the  garden of Eden when Eve introduced sin into the world,

God had a plan.

A plan to correct the sin problem that we all have.

We see it in the promise he made in this verse. 

"He will crush your head,

 and you will strike his heel.”

I love that, God, knowing we would sin,

set a plan in motion.  

But the plan, though set in motion in Eden, spanned thousands of years.

Things had to be just right, and the timing had to be perfect. 

His plan was simple a sinless man,

taking on the sins of the world.

Adam and Eve had long since died, and there was no sign of a plan.

nothing to even hint that God had even remembered

the plan or the promise.

Don't get me wrong, things were happening,

but it must have felt like God had forgotten

his plan.

However, God was there behind the scenes,

making sure every detail of his plan was in place. 

He was there reminding them through the prophets, 

that he would keep his word.

Though it seemed as though nothing was happening,

and even God was silent,

God was still carrying out his promise.

Then, at just the right time, God kept the vow he had made

centuries before.

The world was bleak and hopeless,

but the fulfillment of the brought hope in the darkest of places.

If your life seems dark, cold and lifeless,

take heart, my child, God has not forgotten his plan for your life either

and he will accomplish his plans for you as well.

You can trust God to always keep his promises.  Always.


God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen

God our heaven'ly Father a blessed angel came
And unto certain shepherds brought
Tidings of the same
How that in Bethlehem was born
The Son of God by name
O tidings of comfort and joy, comfort and joy

O tidings of comfort and joy







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You God For Turning Our Ashes into Beauty

There are tragedy and sadness in everyone's life, No one is exempt. Yet, in the midst of the hurt and pain, God is there. He takes the things that hurt us and make us sad and turns them into things are beautiful. The death of my mother  was a tragedy to my dad. However, because of that tragedy, my dad began to see his need for God. In his brokenness, he found a God that could make him whole.  God turned his ashes into beauty. My dad, in turn, taught me to love God.   I am blessed to know God as my savior because of my dad. God also blessed me with a lovely step-mom Life is harsh at times, and many things are sad,  Yet, if we let him, he will take our ashes and make them into a work of art.   He delights in making the ash heaps of our life beautiful.   When we are broken, God is near, and where there is sorrow, he will turn it into dancing.   Thank you, God, F...

Doctors and Taxes

Tonight, I’m doing something I absolutely hate.  My husband and I are working on a budget.  I imagine that most of you feel the same way. It’ kind of like taxes and doctors, we dislike them and breathe a sigh of relief when they are done. Truth be told; we really don’t enjoy working on a budget at all.  Yet it is one of the necessary components in knowing exactly how much you have and what you can spend. If indeed we are responsible to God for how we handle the resources that God has given us, then we need a clear picture. One piece of the puzzle that can bring the whole puzzle into focus is a budget.  It allows you to see and compare what you spend with what you have.  Sometimes as I’ve done a budget and looked at what I saw, I could see that the problem was little things that add up.  I realized that the problem was that I forgot the advice I had been given long ago, little things add up.  As we do a budget, we often see little things th...

Rest For Your Soul

Tonight was such a beautiful sunny night that I decided to go for a walk and enjoy the warm summer sun before another wave of rain hits.  As I cranked up my music and headed out.  I could not help but praise God for the area in which I live.   I, quite literally, live 5 minutes from a small town.   If I want to walk, I can walk down deserted country roads without driving at all.  Yes, I am incredibly blessed.  I saw baby bunnies eating grass by the edge of the road and talked with the most friendly Jersey cows.  They always walk over to the edge of the fence as I walk by nodding their heads in greeting.   There was a deer, in a hurry to catch up with his “deer” friends I suppose.  There were daisies and buttercups, apple trees by the edge of the road and a creek that floods at least once during the spring.  I also occasionally see a very friendly donkey and a few horses who always come to the edge of the fence hoping I have sugar for...