Skip to main content

What Has God Done








Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for mankind.    Psalms 107:21














Have you ever stopped and thought about everything the Lord had done?  

Wow!  

I think If I were going to list them all, 

It would take more time than I have, 

more ink than I could acquire 

and more space than I could imagine.  

If we started with the creation of the world, 

God was there speaking things into existence.  

As we read through the Bible, 

we see God at work in the Old Testament and the New Testament.  

He saved Noah from a devastating flood; 

He gave children to the childless.  

He provided salvation for us.  

But there are so many other wondrous deeds. 

In fact, God has done wondrous deeds in each of our lives.   

He leads us.  

He keeps us safe.    

He gives us breath.  

He gives us food, 

clothes and a place to stay.  

I thank God for the time he kept me from getting hit 

when I ran out in the road in front of a car.  

I thank God for getting me through school.  

Thank you, God, for the man and helper that you brought into my life.  

I was an outcast and labeled a loser by my others my own age, 

and yet miraculously, 

you brought the two of us together and wonder of wonders, 

you gave me four children.   

These are just a few of the wondrous deeds you have done in my life.  

There are many more, 

and I am thankful to my God, who performs such excellent works.  

The fantastic thing is 

that each of us has our own set of 

wonderous deeds that God has done.  

What has he done for you?  

Thank him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You God For Turning Our Ashes into Beauty

There are tragedy and sadness in everyone's life, No one is exempt. Yet, in the midst of the hurt and pain, God is there. He takes the things that hurt us and make us sad and turns them into things are beautiful. The death of my mother  was a tragedy to my dad. However, because of that tragedy, my dad began to see his need for God. In his brokenness, he found a God that could make him whole.  God turned his ashes into beauty. My dad, in turn, taught me to love God.   I am blessed to know God as my savior because of my dad. God also blessed me with a lovely step-mom Life is harsh at times, and many things are sad,  Yet, if we let him, he will take our ashes and make them into a work of art.   He delights in making the ash heaps of our life beautiful.   When we are broken, God is near, and where there is sorrow, he will turn it into dancing.   Thank you, God, F...

Doctors and Taxes

Tonight, I’m doing something I absolutely hate.  My husband and I are working on a budget.  I imagine that most of you feel the same way. It’ kind of like taxes and doctors, we dislike them and breathe a sigh of relief when they are done. Truth be told; we really don’t enjoy working on a budget at all.  Yet it is one of the necessary components in knowing exactly how much you have and what you can spend. If indeed we are responsible to God for how we handle the resources that God has given us, then we need a clear picture. One piece of the puzzle that can bring the whole puzzle into focus is a budget.  It allows you to see and compare what you spend with what you have.  Sometimes as I’ve done a budget and looked at what I saw, I could see that the problem was little things that add up.  I realized that the problem was that I forgot the advice I had been given long ago, little things add up.  As we do a budget, we often see little things th...

Rest For Your Soul

Tonight was such a beautiful sunny night that I decided to go for a walk and enjoy the warm summer sun before another wave of rain hits.  As I cranked up my music and headed out.  I could not help but praise God for the area in which I live.   I, quite literally, live 5 minutes from a small town.   If I want to walk, I can walk down deserted country roads without driving at all.  Yes, I am incredibly blessed.  I saw baby bunnies eating grass by the edge of the road and talked with the most friendly Jersey cows.  They always walk over to the edge of the fence as I walk by nodding their heads in greeting.   There was a deer, in a hurry to catch up with his “deer” friends I suppose.  There were daisies and buttercups, apple trees by the edge of the road and a creek that floods at least once during the spring.  I also occasionally see a very friendly donkey and a few horses who always come to the edge of the fence hoping I have sugar for...