Skip to main content

It's a Miracle












Family Camp is over.   

To say it was miraculous would be an understatement! 

It amazed me how God worked out details that 

I could not have done even if I had wanted to try. 

It was perfect! 

The seeds for this miracle were planted started a year earlier. 

I was excited to be on my way to camp, 

driving along and jamming to the beat of some 

“Christian” music when the thought popped into my head, 

“our cabin is so big for the three of us (Ryan and Abby, and I).  

So, I asked what seemed for me to be the most logical question, 

“What do you want me to do, Lord?” 

No sooner had I asked the question than God said, 

“Invite your other two children.” 

I honestly was not sure how that would work. 

One daughter lives in Georgia, 

and the other is married and has a job, 

so it was a longshot for either of them to be there. 

After much thought, 

I decided to ask each of them and see what would happen. 

That was a year ago. 

So, as the time for family camp approached, 

I made plans as usual for the three of us to go camping. 

My daughter from Georgia came to visit in June, 

so I didn’t expect that she would be coming in August as well. 

That would be too much to expect. 

I anticipated that neither would be there, 

and I made plans according to that expectation. 

About three weeks before camp, 

I was talking to my daughter in Georgia, 

and she said she was going to be coming to camp. 

I nearly dropped the phone; I was so excited. 

There was plenty of room, so there were no worries.  

About a week later, 

my other daughter said she would be at camp 

for some of the time as well and… she was bringing her husband. 

Yippee! I happily danced around the Livingroom.   

That, in itself, was a miracle.  

I did not expect that it would happen. 

We were going to have a family reunion at camp!  

If that was all that happened, I could have been happy.

My family was together.


As though that was not enough, 

the topic for the morning Bible time was renewing your mind. 

I had no idea how much of an impact it would have on my family and me. 

It was perfect. 

Each day 

I found areas of my heart and emotions being opened for healing.  

Over the week, so much healing took place in each of our lives. 

The miracle was 

that of all the things that the morning speaker could have talked about, 

he chose the one thing that we all struggled with, our minds.  

The funny thing is 

that the relationship with my children has never been bad, 

but I had no idea God could make it even better.  

The miracle was the healing that took place. 

As we all left, everyone was saying, we’ll be here next year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You God For Turning Our Ashes into Beauty

There are tragedy and sadness in everyone's life, No one is exempt. Yet, in the midst of the hurt and pain, God is there. He takes the things that hurt us and make us sad and turns them into things are beautiful. The death of my mother  was a tragedy to my dad. However, because of that tragedy, my dad began to see his need for God. In his brokenness, he found a God that could make him whole.  God turned his ashes into beauty. My dad, in turn, taught me to love God.   I am blessed to know God as my savior because of my dad. God also blessed me with a lovely step-mom Life is harsh at times, and many things are sad,  Yet, if we let him, he will take our ashes and make them into a work of art.   He delights in making the ash heaps of our life beautiful.   When we are broken, God is near, and where there is sorrow, he will turn it into dancing.   Thank you, God, F...

Doctors and Taxes

Tonight, I’m doing something I absolutely hate.  My husband and I are working on a budget.  I imagine that most of you feel the same way. It’ kind of like taxes and doctors, we dislike them and breathe a sigh of relief when they are done. Truth be told; we really don’t enjoy working on a budget at all.  Yet it is one of the necessary components in knowing exactly how much you have and what you can spend. If indeed we are responsible to God for how we handle the resources that God has given us, then we need a clear picture. One piece of the puzzle that can bring the whole puzzle into focus is a budget.  It allows you to see and compare what you spend with what you have.  Sometimes as I’ve done a budget and looked at what I saw, I could see that the problem was little things that add up.  I realized that the problem was that I forgot the advice I had been given long ago, little things add up.  As we do a budget, we often see little things th...

Rest For Your Soul

Tonight was such a beautiful sunny night that I decided to go for a walk and enjoy the warm summer sun before another wave of rain hits.  As I cranked up my music and headed out.  I could not help but praise God for the area in which I live.   I, quite literally, live 5 minutes from a small town.   If I want to walk, I can walk down deserted country roads without driving at all.  Yes, I am incredibly blessed.  I saw baby bunnies eating grass by the edge of the road and talked with the most friendly Jersey cows.  They always walk over to the edge of the fence as I walk by nodding their heads in greeting.   There was a deer, in a hurry to catch up with his “deer” friends I suppose.  There were daisies and buttercups, apple trees by the edge of the road and a creek that floods at least once during the spring.  I also occasionally see a very friendly donkey and a few horses who always come to the edge of the fence hoping I have sugar for...