Skip to main content

The Chainbreaker






Image may contain: sky and outdoor


Chains are ok if you are walking a dog. 

However, as people, we cringe at chains.  

Let’s be honest, I don’t even like the idea of handcuffs.  

I understand the need for handcuffs, 

but I am not convinced that anyone, honestly, enjoys being restrained.  

Chains are strong, and few of us would willingly submit to physical chains.  

Yet, what we would never allow in the physical realm we do permit in the unseen realm.  

We all know people who are in chains to the addiction of 

alcohol,

 drugs, 

cigarettes, 

sex, 

power, 

or anger….  

The sad thing is that they often never see the bonds until it’s too late.  

Most of the things that hold us in chains seem harmless at first.   

It’s not until the drugs have us in their control, that we see the shackles.  

When alcohol ruins a relationship, then we see the handcuffs.   

When we try to quit smoking, then we find that we are restrained, 

helpless to break the links that hold us captive.   

Suddenly, we become aware that we need help 

because the chains are too strong for us to break on our own.  

Every one of us has chains, not physical chains, but invisible chains.  

Strongholds that only God can break.  

He is the chainbreaker!  

Are you afraid that your chains cannot be broken?  

Do you feel hopeless falling every time to the same sin?  

Enslaved by durable pieces of metal.  

Relax!  

There are no chains in existence that God cannot break.  

The only thing we must do is humble our self and come to Him chains and all.  

The fantastic part is that he wants to break my chains, and yours. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You God For Turning Our Ashes into Beauty

There are tragedy and sadness in everyone's life, No one is exempt. Yet, in the midst of the hurt and pain, God is there. He takes the things that hurt us and make us sad and turns them into things are beautiful. The death of my mother  was a tragedy to my dad. However, because of that tragedy, my dad began to see his need for God. In his brokenness, he found a God that could make him whole.  God turned his ashes into beauty. My dad, in turn, taught me to love God.   I am blessed to know God as my savior because of my dad. God also blessed me with a lovely step-mom Life is harsh at times, and many things are sad,  Yet, if we let him, he will take our ashes and make them into a work of art.   He delights in making the ash heaps of our life beautiful.   When we are broken, God is near, and where there is sorrow, he will turn it into dancing.   Thank you, God, F...

Doctors and Taxes

Tonight, I’m doing something I absolutely hate.  My husband and I are working on a budget.  I imagine that most of you feel the same way. It’ kind of like taxes and doctors, we dislike them and breathe a sigh of relief when they are done. Truth be told; we really don’t enjoy working on a budget at all.  Yet it is one of the necessary components in knowing exactly how much you have and what you can spend. If indeed we are responsible to God for how we handle the resources that God has given us, then we need a clear picture. One piece of the puzzle that can bring the whole puzzle into focus is a budget.  It allows you to see and compare what you spend with what you have.  Sometimes as I’ve done a budget and looked at what I saw, I could see that the problem was little things that add up.  I realized that the problem was that I forgot the advice I had been given long ago, little things add up.  As we do a budget, we often see little things th...

Rest For Your Soul

Tonight was such a beautiful sunny night that I decided to go for a walk and enjoy the warm summer sun before another wave of rain hits.  As I cranked up my music and headed out.  I could not help but praise God for the area in which I live.   I, quite literally, live 5 minutes from a small town.   If I want to walk, I can walk down deserted country roads without driving at all.  Yes, I am incredibly blessed.  I saw baby bunnies eating grass by the edge of the road and talked with the most friendly Jersey cows.  They always walk over to the edge of the fence as I walk by nodding their heads in greeting.   There was a deer, in a hurry to catch up with his “deer” friends I suppose.  There were daisies and buttercups, apple trees by the edge of the road and a creek that floods at least once during the spring.  I also occasionally see a very friendly donkey and a few horses who always come to the edge of the fence hoping I have sugar for...