Skip to main content

God Waits







Today our cat ran outside.   

Midnight loves to be outside.  

So, we let the cat stay out for a while.    

It got dark, and my daughter became concerned.  

She wanted her kitty safe in the house.   

The problem is that midnight was not ready to come back inside the confines of our home.

He wanted to chase birds and other animals.  

No amount of coaxing could persuade the wayward cat to step one foot inside that door.   

I went outside to catch him, but that too failed.  

Cats are, generally, faster than people and cannot be snared easily.  

Finally, I gave up came in and sat down in my chair saying that if he loved us, 

he would come back in when he was ready.  

Yes, it hurt, and it was scary.  

I wanted him to choose to come in, but I couldn’t force him to make that decision. 

I wondered if that’s how God sometimes feel about us.   

He made us and he loves us and yet like the cat, 

we stubbornly refuse to come to the one who loves us most.  

He has a place of safety for us, but we refuse to accept what he offers.  

So, God like me steps back and waits.  

He waits not because he does not love us, 

but because he wants us to choose to love Him 

enough to embrace him freely of our own choosing.  

Friend, God is waiting for you.  

If you have not already decided to hold close to God, 

will you choose him today?  

He has already chosen you.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You God For Turning Our Ashes into Beauty

There are tragedy and sadness in everyone's life, No one is exempt. Yet, in the midst of the hurt and pain, God is there. He takes the things that hurt us and make us sad and turns them into things are beautiful. The death of my mother  was a tragedy to my dad. However, because of that tragedy, my dad began to see his need for God. In his brokenness, he found a God that could make him whole.  God turned his ashes into beauty. My dad, in turn, taught me to love God.   I am blessed to know God as my savior because of my dad. God also blessed me with a lovely step-mom Life is harsh at times, and many things are sad,  Yet, if we let him, he will take our ashes and make them into a work of art.   He delights in making the ash heaps of our life beautiful.   When we are broken, God is near, and where there is sorrow, he will turn it into dancing.   Thank you, God, F...

Doctors and Taxes

Tonight, I’m doing something I absolutely hate.  My husband and I are working on a budget.  I imagine that most of you feel the same way. It’ kind of like taxes and doctors, we dislike them and breathe a sigh of relief when they are done. Truth be told; we really don’t enjoy working on a budget at all.  Yet it is one of the necessary components in knowing exactly how much you have and what you can spend. If indeed we are responsible to God for how we handle the resources that God has given us, then we need a clear picture. One piece of the puzzle that can bring the whole puzzle into focus is a budget.  It allows you to see and compare what you spend with what you have.  Sometimes as I’ve done a budget and looked at what I saw, I could see that the problem was little things that add up.  I realized that the problem was that I forgot the advice I had been given long ago, little things add up.  As we do a budget, we often see little things th...

Rest For Your Soul

Tonight was such a beautiful sunny night that I decided to go for a walk and enjoy the warm summer sun before another wave of rain hits.  As I cranked up my music and headed out.  I could not help but praise God for the area in which I live.   I, quite literally, live 5 minutes from a small town.   If I want to walk, I can walk down deserted country roads without driving at all.  Yes, I am incredibly blessed.  I saw baby bunnies eating grass by the edge of the road and talked with the most friendly Jersey cows.  They always walk over to the edge of the fence as I walk by nodding their heads in greeting.   There was a deer, in a hurry to catch up with his “deer” friends I suppose.  There were daisies and buttercups, apple trees by the edge of the road and a creek that floods at least once during the spring.  I also occasionally see a very friendly donkey and a few horses who always come to the edge of the fence hoping I have sugar for...