Skip to main content

Don't Miss the Deadline








Another thing I’ve found when running a race 

is that there is a deadline, 

a time at which you can no longer choose to run that race.   

If you miss the deadline, forget about that race, 

it isn’t happening.  

In life, there are many other deadlines that we often let pass.  

My dad always wanted to go to a farm show, 

but sadly he allowed the opportunities to pass 

and one day old age caught up with him. 

He could no longer make that choice.  

I, myself, have missed some deadlines 

because some opportunities only happen once 

and if you pass up that chance, 

it won’t come around again.  

Some prospects aren’t worth losing. 

Chances to play with your children, 

to care for an ailing parent, 

to spend time with a friend or child.  

The time will come 

when those occasions to pour into them will pass, 

is it worth missing those times for a job, a hobby, or a new toy?


The same is true spiritually, 

there will come a time 

when you will no longer be allowed to choose Christianity.  

The time to get in the race is now.  

Don’t assume that there will be time later.  

You may find that you’ve wasted too much time 

and the time has run out.  

The good news is that, if you are breathing, there is time.  

You may have a chance tomorrow to make that choice, 

but is it worth the risk?  Eternity is at stake.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You God For Turning Our Ashes into Beauty

There are tragedy and sadness in everyone's life, No one is exempt. Yet, in the midst of the hurt and pain, God is there. He takes the things that hurt us and make us sad and turns them into things are beautiful. The death of my mother  was a tragedy to my dad. However, because of that tragedy, my dad began to see his need for God. In his brokenness, he found a God that could make him whole.  God turned his ashes into beauty. My dad, in turn, taught me to love God.   I am blessed to know God as my savior because of my dad. God also blessed me with a lovely step-mom Life is harsh at times, and many things are sad,  Yet, if we let him, he will take our ashes and make them into a work of art.   He delights in making the ash heaps of our life beautiful.   When we are broken, God is near, and where there is sorrow, he will turn it into dancing.   Thank you, God, F...

Doctors and Taxes

Tonight, I’m doing something I absolutely hate.  My husband and I are working on a budget.  I imagine that most of you feel the same way. It’ kind of like taxes and doctors, we dislike them and breathe a sigh of relief when they are done. Truth be told; we really don’t enjoy working on a budget at all.  Yet it is one of the necessary components in knowing exactly how much you have and what you can spend. If indeed we are responsible to God for how we handle the resources that God has given us, then we need a clear picture. One piece of the puzzle that can bring the whole puzzle into focus is a budget.  It allows you to see and compare what you spend with what you have.  Sometimes as I’ve done a budget and looked at what I saw, I could see that the problem was little things that add up.  I realized that the problem was that I forgot the advice I had been given long ago, little things add up.  As we do a budget, we often see little things th...

Rest For Your Soul

Tonight was such a beautiful sunny night that I decided to go for a walk and enjoy the warm summer sun before another wave of rain hits.  As I cranked up my music and headed out.  I could not help but praise God for the area in which I live.   I, quite literally, live 5 minutes from a small town.   If I want to walk, I can walk down deserted country roads without driving at all.  Yes, I am incredibly blessed.  I saw baby bunnies eating grass by the edge of the road and talked with the most friendly Jersey cows.  They always walk over to the edge of the fence as I walk by nodding their heads in greeting.   There was a deer, in a hurry to catch up with his “deer” friends I suppose.  There were daisies and buttercups, apple trees by the edge of the road and a creek that floods at least once during the spring.  I also occasionally see a very friendly donkey and a few horses who always come to the edge of the fence hoping I have sugar for...