Skip to main content

The Darkest Day



They stripped him and put a scarlet robe on him, and then twisted together a crown of thorns and set it on his head. They put a staff in his right hand. Then they knelt in front of him and mocked him. “Hail, king of the Jews!” they said. They spit on him, and took the staff and struck him on the head again and again. After they had mocked him, they took off the robe and put his own clothes on him. Then they led him away to crucify him.  Matthew 27: 28-30 (NIV)

My child that I love,

            I know you have days that seem dark and the sun refuses to shine.   It feels like even though you have done nothing wrong, everyone is against you.  You can’t win.
    Believe me when I say I know how you feel.   For I also was spit at and mocked. The people of my day insulted me. I was whipped and hung naked on a cross meant for criminals.  Even though I did nothing to deserve this kind of treatment, I endured it for one reason; I love you and everyone like you.
    I didn’t suffer the abuse to prove I was God.  I am God.  I have no need to prove it.  I didn’t take on the exploitation to show I was strong. 
    No took on the shame and disgrace because I long for a relationship with the people I created, but I am also a just God, and your sin stood in the way.   I bore the weight of the sin of a world that insisted on hating me.
    Then adding insult to injury, my father (God) turned his back on me because he couldn’t look on the sin.
    So, when you have a rough day, remember it is only a day and better days will come, and the sun will shine again.  Don’t let it break you, or shatter your peace. 
    You can look to me and be stronger than the evil that is being hurled at you because I am strong enough to handle whatever they do to you or me.
    It may be a dark day filled with great sadness and sorrow; it was for me too.   But remember, joy comes in the morning.
           

Love,
                                                                                                                               Jesus

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You God For Turning Our Ashes into Beauty

There are tragedy and sadness in everyone's life, No one is exempt. Yet, in the midst of the hurt and pain, God is there. He takes the things that hurt us and make us sad and turns them into things are beautiful. The death of my mother  was a tragedy to my dad. However, because of that tragedy, my dad began to see his need for God. In his brokenness, he found a God that could make him whole.  God turned his ashes into beauty. My dad, in turn, taught me to love God.   I am blessed to know God as my savior because of my dad. God also blessed me with a lovely step-mom Life is harsh at times, and many things are sad,  Yet, if we let him, he will take our ashes and make them into a work of art.   He delights in making the ash heaps of our life beautiful.   When we are broken, God is near, and where there is sorrow, he will turn it into dancing.   Thank you, God, F...

Speak Christ In Your Actions

Every day the situations we are put in define what we really believe.  Sometimes how I respond to the irritations that life throws at me, sometimes daily, is critical.   I work in food service.  I love it.  It puts me in a position to see a variety of different in a day. One thing I especially love is watching their reactions and responses to little things. I have seen people upset because there was .01 more than they asked for. I have seen little children holding out their hands for popcorn chicken as their parent walks by.  I have been yelled at and made to feel less than human because an order was missed.  I have also watched a nicely dressed lady show a ton of class when soda shot all over her.  She just laughed and declared, “Guess I need a shower now.”  She could have been angry and upset but instead she chose to laugh and “let it go, let it go” as the song says. Most of the time it serves a great reminder for me to watch my attitude...

Rest For Your Soul

Tonight was such a beautiful sunny night that I decided to go for a walk and enjoy the warm summer sun before another wave of rain hits.  As I cranked up my music and headed out.  I could not help but praise God for the area in which I live.   I, quite literally, live 5 minutes from a small town.   If I want to walk, I can walk down deserted country roads without driving at all.  Yes, I am incredibly blessed.  I saw baby bunnies eating grass by the edge of the road and talked with the most friendly Jersey cows.  They always walk over to the edge of the fence as I walk by nodding their heads in greeting.   There was a deer, in a hurry to catch up with his “deer” friends I suppose.  There were daisies and buttercups, apple trees by the edge of the road and a creek that floods at least once during the spring.  I also occasionally see a very friendly donkey and a few horses who always come to the edge of the fence hoping I have sugar for...