Skip to main content

Don't be Disqualified








































Today there was a 5k at a local camp.   My husband and I decided to run, ok walk, in the race.  We registered, got our bibs and waited for the race to start.  After a few minutes, I looked down and noticed that the bottom of my bib was missing.  I began an immediate search for the missing part of the paper because I did not want The judge to disqualify me.  Then I noticed that the missing strip was tucked up under the rest of the bib.  I straightened it out. Crisis averted.  As I was looking for the missing piece, I had a God moment.   I instantly thought of another race.  This race we call life.  One day each of us, me you, your children, the neighbor, everyone will cross the finish line of life.





Today was also Memorial day so we went to the graves of my parents and grandparents and placed flowers there to honor them.  As I looked around the cemeteries, there were numerous tombstones guess what?  Each of those people had crossed the finish line, at some point.  No one gets out of life alive.  The Bible says, “It is appointed for man once to die but after that the judgment.  Hebrews 9:27.”  Sadly, some will cross that finish line and be disqualified because they never put their trust in the one who can make them qualified.  Friends, there is only one way not to be disqualified is to believe in Jesus.  He makes us right before God.  I urge you to be sure you are not disqualified in the race called life.  Trust Jesus; put your life in his hands

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You God For Turning Our Ashes into Beauty

There are tragedy and sadness in everyone's life, No one is exempt. Yet, in the midst of the hurt and pain, God is there. He takes the things that hurt us and make us sad and turns them into things are beautiful. The death of my mother  was a tragedy to my dad. However, because of that tragedy, my dad began to see his need for God. In his brokenness, he found a God that could make him whole.  God turned his ashes into beauty. My dad, in turn, taught me to love God.   I am blessed to know God as my savior because of my dad. God also blessed me with a lovely step-mom Life is harsh at times, and many things are sad,  Yet, if we let him, he will take our ashes and make them into a work of art.   He delights in making the ash heaps of our life beautiful.   When we are broken, God is near, and where there is sorrow, he will turn it into dancing.   Thank you, God, F...

Perfect for Me

Tomorrow my sweetie and I will be celebrating twenty- nine years of marriage.  What an amazing journey!  I have to confess that when we were first married I had some preconceived ideas of what love and marriage would be like.   I thought love was having my spouse with me all the time, holding hands doing everything together, never having a disagreement.   I thought my darling sweetheart would never let me down or hurt me and everything would be perfect for the rest of our life.   Wow!  Can you believe how incredibly naïve I was?  After twenty-nine years what I realized is that no one could live up to the ideals that I had set because we live in an imperfect world and we are imperfect people.  I know, you’re thinking, “It took you twenty-nine years to realize this?” Nah I realized it after the first year.   I still smile how over the years God has changed my definition of love.  Don’t get me wrong there is n...

Doctors and Taxes

Tonight, I’m doing something I absolutely hate.  My husband and I are working on a budget.  I imagine that most of you feel the same way. It’ kind of like taxes and doctors, we dislike them and breathe a sigh of relief when they are done. Truth be told; we really don’t enjoy working on a budget at all.  Yet it is one of the necessary components in knowing exactly how much you have and what you can spend. If indeed we are responsible to God for how we handle the resources that God has given us, then we need a clear picture. One piece of the puzzle that can bring the whole puzzle into focus is a budget.  It allows you to see and compare what you spend with what you have.  Sometimes as I’ve done a budget and looked at what I saw, I could see that the problem was little things that add up.  I realized that the problem was that I forgot the advice I had been given long ago, little things add up.  As we do a budget, we often see little things th...