Skip to main content

No one Knows or Cares

I get up and after reading my Bible, I look at social media to catch up with my friends.  I find it interesting that on any given day, some of my friends will be struggling.  It may be with family, or work, or with someone in their circle that they are struggling.   If we were honest, we have all had those days or weeks.  The times when we feel like no one know or even cares about our struggles.  Christian friend, take heart, you are not alone.  Many others struggle as you do.  In fact, I suspect the one who has no struggles in this life is probably dead.  No matter how alone you feel, God is always there.  HE has promised never to leave you or forsake (turn his back on) you.  Don’t listen to Satan’s lie that you are alone; that your struggles are unique to you.  Anything you face, God has faced too and won.  Greater is he who is in you than he who is in the world.  You and I do not have a struggle too big for God.  This week I have had some struggles.  I felt alone in the battle.  I felt like I was invisible, and no one knew or cared about my problem and there was no one to talk to about it.  I did the only thing I could do.  I talked to God.  See, he was right there.  I could still lean on him.  What comfort!  Has the problem changed?  Nope!  My perspective has.  God allowed me to see the problem from another angle.  What a difference!  God says that even if a mother could forget her child, HE could never forget us because HE loves us! And he has promised to be near us.  If you find yourself in a struggle, lean into God.  Find time to tell him your problem, even if it’s a whisper at a time.  He’ll be there for you because HE loves you.  HE can calm the sea of your life and if he doesn't, then he'll help you ride out the storm.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You God For Turning Our Ashes into Beauty

There are tragedy and sadness in everyone's life, No one is exempt. Yet, in the midst of the hurt and pain, God is there. He takes the things that hurt us and make us sad and turns them into things are beautiful. The death of my mother  was a tragedy to my dad. However, because of that tragedy, my dad began to see his need for God. In his brokenness, he found a God that could make him whole.  God turned his ashes into beauty. My dad, in turn, taught me to love God.   I am blessed to know God as my savior because of my dad. God also blessed me with a lovely step-mom Life is harsh at times, and many things are sad,  Yet, if we let him, he will take our ashes and make them into a work of art.   He delights in making the ash heaps of our life beautiful.   When we are broken, God is near, and where there is sorrow, he will turn it into dancing.   Thank you, God, F...

Doctors and Taxes

Tonight, I’m doing something I absolutely hate.  My husband and I are working on a budget.  I imagine that most of you feel the same way. It’ kind of like taxes and doctors, we dislike them and breathe a sigh of relief when they are done. Truth be told; we really don’t enjoy working on a budget at all.  Yet it is one of the necessary components in knowing exactly how much you have and what you can spend. If indeed we are responsible to God for how we handle the resources that God has given us, then we need a clear picture. One piece of the puzzle that can bring the whole puzzle into focus is a budget.  It allows you to see and compare what you spend with what you have.  Sometimes as I’ve done a budget and looked at what I saw, I could see that the problem was little things that add up.  I realized that the problem was that I forgot the advice I had been given long ago, little things add up.  As we do a budget, we often see little things th...

Perfect for Me

Tomorrow my sweetie and I will be celebrating twenty- nine years of marriage.  What an amazing journey!  I have to confess that when we were first married I had some preconceived ideas of what love and marriage would be like.   I thought love was having my spouse with me all the time, holding hands doing everything together, never having a disagreement.   I thought my darling sweetheart would never let me down or hurt me and everything would be perfect for the rest of our life.   Wow!  Can you believe how incredibly naïve I was?  After twenty-nine years what I realized is that no one could live up to the ideals that I had set because we live in an imperfect world and we are imperfect people.  I know, you’re thinking, “It took you twenty-nine years to realize this?” Nah I realized it after the first year.   I still smile how over the years God has changed my definition of love.  Don’t get me wrong there is n...