Skip to main content

The Right Tools


equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him

I’ve been building a closet in our bedroom.  I started about two or maybe three years ago; I lost track of time.  This project started well, but then I lost steam and ground to a halt. Last year, we had so many other expenses that it took a backseat.  Last week, I finally decided to revisit that project.  I hate leaving a project half-done.  I purchased a jigsaw to finish the project.  I could have used my hacksaw, but It would have made the job harder AND I can not cut a very straight line with a hacksaw.  One thing I’ve come to realize is that how well a job turns out, often depends on having the right tools for the job.  I can use a bread knife in place of a screwdriver, but a cordless screwdriver is much more enjoyable.  In our spiritual life, we need to have the right tools also.  God says that he provides us with the tools we need to live a life pleasing to God.  He does not expect us to limp along with only part of the tools we need for living.  No, he equips us with all the necessary tools.  Friends, when we have the right tools, the job is easy.  The wall was finished in about an hour, two at the most.  If I had used my hacksaw, it might have taken me three or four hours to finish the job.  The job would not have been as beautiful. If I had used a screwdriver to cut the board, I might still be working on the job.  Praise God he gives  us all the tools we need.  We just have to make use of the tools he gives us.  What if, I had let the Jigsaw set and started chiseling it with a hammer?  That would have been stupid, would it not?  I have a power saw why use something that will not do a good job?  God provides us with the exact tools we need, he expects us to use them and enjoy life.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You God For Turning Our Ashes into Beauty

There are tragedy and sadness in everyone's life, No one is exempt. Yet, in the midst of the hurt and pain, God is there. He takes the things that hurt us and make us sad and turns them into things are beautiful. The death of my mother  was a tragedy to my dad. However, because of that tragedy, my dad began to see his need for God. In his brokenness, he found a God that could make him whole.  God turned his ashes into beauty. My dad, in turn, taught me to love God.   I am blessed to know God as my savior because of my dad. God also blessed me with a lovely step-mom Life is harsh at times, and many things are sad,  Yet, if we let him, he will take our ashes and make them into a work of art.   He delights in making the ash heaps of our life beautiful.   When we are broken, God is near, and where there is sorrow, he will turn it into dancing.   Thank you, God, F...

Doctors and Taxes

Tonight, I’m doing something I absolutely hate.  My husband and I are working on a budget.  I imagine that most of you feel the same way. It’ kind of like taxes and doctors, we dislike them and breathe a sigh of relief when they are done. Truth be told; we really don’t enjoy working on a budget at all.  Yet it is one of the necessary components in knowing exactly how much you have and what you can spend. If indeed we are responsible to God for how we handle the resources that God has given us, then we need a clear picture. One piece of the puzzle that can bring the whole puzzle into focus is a budget.  It allows you to see and compare what you spend with what you have.  Sometimes as I’ve done a budget and looked at what I saw, I could see that the problem was little things that add up.  I realized that the problem was that I forgot the advice I had been given long ago, little things add up.  As we do a budget, we often see little things th...

Rest For Your Soul

Tonight was such a beautiful sunny night that I decided to go for a walk and enjoy the warm summer sun before another wave of rain hits.  As I cranked up my music and headed out.  I could not help but praise God for the area in which I live.   I, quite literally, live 5 minutes from a small town.   If I want to walk, I can walk down deserted country roads without driving at all.  Yes, I am incredibly blessed.  I saw baby bunnies eating grass by the edge of the road and talked with the most friendly Jersey cows.  They always walk over to the edge of the fence as I walk by nodding their heads in greeting.   There was a deer, in a hurry to catch up with his “deer” friends I suppose.  There were daisies and buttercups, apple trees by the edge of the road and a creek that floods at least once during the spring.  I also occasionally see a very friendly donkey and a few horses who always come to the edge of the fence hoping I have sugar for...