Skip to main content

Sit, Back, Relax, Just Chill

I woke this morning with a heavy heart.  I was concerned for my children even though they are adults.  I want to be sure my children walk with God.  So, I was praying and asking God for wisdom.  I was sitting in MY chair and listening to the Bible.  When God whispered, “Rest.  Just sit back and let ME care for them.” 

 Sometimes in the Bible, God had the people fight their battle.  At other times, God said, “This is not your battle, this is my battle.” 

Today God whispered, “Elaine, this is not your problem.”  I felt such peace knowing that my God, who loves me, also loves them.   He reminded me that while they were home, I tried to make sure they knew God.  Now, my job is to rest and trust God and them to live as God would want.  

That’s hard!  I like to see the evidence and my children tend to be private.  I only get snippets of conversation, and it’s like seeing one piece of a puzzle.  It may help, but you can’t base all your knowledge on that piece.

God gave me peace that my children were right where he wanted them.  He said, “Stop worrying and rest.  You have not labored in vain.” 

Perhaps today, you are struggling.  God wants you to Sit, Back, Relax, Just Chill.  God wants to fight your battle for you also.  He wants you to stand and watch him fight for you. 


Sometimes,  if you are like me, I am so tired I need God to fight for me because I feel so weak and helpless like I could not fight a mouse and win.  On those days, I praise God that he says he will fight for me because the enemy is too strong for me…… But he is not too strong for God.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You God For Turning Our Ashes into Beauty

There are tragedy and sadness in everyone's life, No one is exempt. Yet, in the midst of the hurt and pain, God is there. He takes the things that hurt us and make us sad and turns them into things are beautiful. The death of my mother  was a tragedy to my dad. However, because of that tragedy, my dad began to see his need for God. In his brokenness, he found a God that could make him whole.  God turned his ashes into beauty. My dad, in turn, taught me to love God.   I am blessed to know God as my savior because of my dad. God also blessed me with a lovely step-mom Life is harsh at times, and many things are sad,  Yet, if we let him, he will take our ashes and make them into a work of art.   He delights in making the ash heaps of our life beautiful.   When we are broken, God is near, and where there is sorrow, he will turn it into dancing.   Thank you, God, F...

Doctors and Taxes

Tonight, I’m doing something I absolutely hate.  My husband and I are working on a budget.  I imagine that most of you feel the same way. It’ kind of like taxes and doctors, we dislike them and breathe a sigh of relief when they are done. Truth be told; we really don’t enjoy working on a budget at all.  Yet it is one of the necessary components in knowing exactly how much you have and what you can spend. If indeed we are responsible to God for how we handle the resources that God has given us, then we need a clear picture. One piece of the puzzle that can bring the whole puzzle into focus is a budget.  It allows you to see and compare what you spend with what you have.  Sometimes as I’ve done a budget and looked at what I saw, I could see that the problem was little things that add up.  I realized that the problem was that I forgot the advice I had been given long ago, little things add up.  As we do a budget, we often see little things th...

Rest For Your Soul

Tonight was such a beautiful sunny night that I decided to go for a walk and enjoy the warm summer sun before another wave of rain hits.  As I cranked up my music and headed out.  I could not help but praise God for the area in which I live.   I, quite literally, live 5 minutes from a small town.   If I want to walk, I can walk down deserted country roads without driving at all.  Yes, I am incredibly blessed.  I saw baby bunnies eating grass by the edge of the road and talked with the most friendly Jersey cows.  They always walk over to the edge of the fence as I walk by nodding their heads in greeting.   There was a deer, in a hurry to catch up with his “deer” friends I suppose.  There were daisies and buttercups, apple trees by the edge of the road and a creek that floods at least once during the spring.  I also occasionally see a very friendly donkey and a few horses who always come to the edge of the fence hoping I have sugar for...