Skip to main content

It's Not Finished




 “being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.”  




Ok, I have a confession!  I am addicted to craft and Do it yourself projects.  I love a first-rate “Do It Yourself project.”  I enjoy the feeling of accomplishment when I look at a finished project and say, “I did this.”  My problem is that I don’t have just ONE project going, no I have at least 10 in various stages of completion.  Most I do manage to finish but not all of them.  Occasionally, there have been some projects that, for whatever reason, never did get finished.  I've ended up putting the project in the closet because of the clutter.  I intend on working on it but, for whatever reason, it seems to get derailed.  I end up with a project sitting for years because I do not have the heart to give up, but I also do not have the ambition to finish the task.   As I look at those unfinished projects, I an immeasurably glad that God ALWAYS finishes what he starts.  That is where I place my confidence.   I rely on the fact that, unlike me, God NEVER leaves a project unfinished.  He always completes the work he starts.  He never get tired or decides that this project is too big.  He is patiently working on a work of art that he WILL complete.  You and I are a work of art, a masterpiece, in the hand of the one who is God in the beginning and will be God in the end.    So as I work on some of those unfinished tasks I’ll remember that a have a God, who always finishes what he starts, and he’s making me/you into something amazing.   I will rejoice that I am becoming more like Christ, but some days, most days the flaws still show.  My heart sings to know that God also looks with pride at the work he creates in us.  I imagine he stands back  looks and says, "It is very good."  If today you've fallen and you feel like you will never be the "amazing thing" that God created take heart.  He's still working, and He WILL finish what he started.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You God For Turning Our Ashes into Beauty

There are tragedy and sadness in everyone's life, No one is exempt. Yet, in the midst of the hurt and pain, God is there. He takes the things that hurt us and make us sad and turns them into things are beautiful. The death of my mother  was a tragedy to my dad. However, because of that tragedy, my dad began to see his need for God. In his brokenness, he found a God that could make him whole.  God turned his ashes into beauty. My dad, in turn, taught me to love God.   I am blessed to know God as my savior because of my dad. God also blessed me with a lovely step-mom Life is harsh at times, and many things are sad,  Yet, if we let him, he will take our ashes and make them into a work of art.   He delights in making the ash heaps of our life beautiful.   When we are broken, God is near, and where there is sorrow, he will turn it into dancing.   Thank you, God, F...

Doctors and Taxes

Tonight, I’m doing something I absolutely hate.  My husband and I are working on a budget.  I imagine that most of you feel the same way. It’ kind of like taxes and doctors, we dislike them and breathe a sigh of relief when they are done. Truth be told; we really don’t enjoy working on a budget at all.  Yet it is one of the necessary components in knowing exactly how much you have and what you can spend. If indeed we are responsible to God for how we handle the resources that God has given us, then we need a clear picture. One piece of the puzzle that can bring the whole puzzle into focus is a budget.  It allows you to see and compare what you spend with what you have.  Sometimes as I’ve done a budget and looked at what I saw, I could see that the problem was little things that add up.  I realized that the problem was that I forgot the advice I had been given long ago, little things add up.  As we do a budget, we often see little things th...

Rest For Your Soul

Tonight was such a beautiful sunny night that I decided to go for a walk and enjoy the warm summer sun before another wave of rain hits.  As I cranked up my music and headed out.  I could not help but praise God for the area in which I live.   I, quite literally, live 5 minutes from a small town.   If I want to walk, I can walk down deserted country roads without driving at all.  Yes, I am incredibly blessed.  I saw baby bunnies eating grass by the edge of the road and talked with the most friendly Jersey cows.  They always walk over to the edge of the fence as I walk by nodding their heads in greeting.   There was a deer, in a hurry to catch up with his “deer” friends I suppose.  There were daisies and buttercups, apple trees by the edge of the road and a creek that floods at least once during the spring.  I also occasionally see a very friendly donkey and a few horses who always come to the edge of the fence hoping I have sugar for...