Skip to main content

Wasted, Wasted, Wasted



“Well, that was a waste of time!”  My husband said this to me just a few days ago.   I said it at work just a few weeks ago.  A coworker said it a few a while ago. We have probably all said this or at least felt this way once in a while.  Usually, it’s because we look at things in our life or something we’ve done or tried to accomplish that didn’t work out as we had hoped.   We end up feeling frustrated or irritated and let down.  We may feel that we have wasted our time.  We may feel like we are in a rut that we can not climb out of.  We can take heart that God does not waste anything.   Even the things that we feel are a waste of OUR time are not a waste of HIS time   That is good news!  Those things are never wasted that we trust to God’s care.  Isn’t it awesome to realize that we will never hear God say,  “That was a waste of my time” or “I can’t waste my time with that person!”  So whether it’s schooling, work or a relationship we can be sure that it is never squandered in God’s eyes.   God let Joseph spend years in Egypt preparing him for the job of saving his family, was that time fruitless?  Of course not!  In our life, nothing is wasted or useless either.  Let me say this again, God NEVER wastes anything.  No one or nothing is ever unproductive to God.  While we may feel like somethings are a waste of time, God never will.   God has a plan for my/ your life that we may not completely understand this side of heaven.   We can always trust God that he is not wasting  any part of our life either.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You God For Turning Our Ashes into Beauty

There are tragedy and sadness in everyone's life, No one is exempt. Yet, in the midst of the hurt and pain, God is there. He takes the things that hurt us and make us sad and turns them into things are beautiful. The death of my mother  was a tragedy to my dad. However, because of that tragedy, my dad began to see his need for God. In his brokenness, he found a God that could make him whole.  God turned his ashes into beauty. My dad, in turn, taught me to love God.   I am blessed to know God as my savior because of my dad. God also blessed me with a lovely step-mom Life is harsh at times, and many things are sad,  Yet, if we let him, he will take our ashes and make them into a work of art.   He delights in making the ash heaps of our life beautiful.   When we are broken, God is near, and where there is sorrow, he will turn it into dancing.   Thank you, God, F...

Doctors and Taxes

Tonight, I’m doing something I absolutely hate.  My husband and I are working on a budget.  I imagine that most of you feel the same way. It’ kind of like taxes and doctors, we dislike them and breathe a sigh of relief when they are done. Truth be told; we really don’t enjoy working on a budget at all.  Yet it is one of the necessary components in knowing exactly how much you have and what you can spend. If indeed we are responsible to God for how we handle the resources that God has given us, then we need a clear picture. One piece of the puzzle that can bring the whole puzzle into focus is a budget.  It allows you to see and compare what you spend with what you have.  Sometimes as I’ve done a budget and looked at what I saw, I could see that the problem was little things that add up.  I realized that the problem was that I forgot the advice I had been given long ago, little things add up.  As we do a budget, we often see little things th...

Rest For Your Soul

Tonight was such a beautiful sunny night that I decided to go for a walk and enjoy the warm summer sun before another wave of rain hits.  As I cranked up my music and headed out.  I could not help but praise God for the area in which I live.   I, quite literally, live 5 minutes from a small town.   If I want to walk, I can walk down deserted country roads without driving at all.  Yes, I am incredibly blessed.  I saw baby bunnies eating grass by the edge of the road and talked with the most friendly Jersey cows.  They always walk over to the edge of the fence as I walk by nodding their heads in greeting.   There was a deer, in a hurry to catch up with his “deer” friends I suppose.  There were daisies and buttercups, apple trees by the edge of the road and a creek that floods at least once during the spring.  I also occasionally see a very friendly donkey and a few horses who always come to the edge of the fence hoping I have sugar for...