Skip to main content

Hated and Rejected






I’ve been reading about Joseph.  You know, Jacob’s son.  As I was reading and thinking,  God showed me that it was more than just a story of a family from Bible times.  As I was reading, I was reminded that Joseph knew what it was like to be hated and rejected by his brothers.  Joseph faced the same problem that many of us face today.   While most of us have not confronted the hatred of others to the point that people want to kill us, we have all at one time or another dealt with people who just don’t like us.   They may not kill us, but they make sure we are aware that they do not like us.   When we see people who just hate us we can take heart we are not the first one to ever be rejected.  We are not facing a new thing.  We are not facing something that others do not or have not faced.   What an awesome reminder when I’m staring down the enemy!    When we face these trials, there is no need for a pity party, and we can stand strong.  The best thing about this is his response.  He has a chance to get even with them and what did he do?  Did he get even? Make them suffer for how they treated him, correct?  Nope, not even close, he forgave them.  By that, I mean, he did not hold it against them.  There was no hatred for them in him or for what they did.  What exactly DID they do?  Well, they sold him into slavery.  They wanted to kill him, but they decided they could gain more from selling him.  How many of us respond like this when people treat us bad?  I would like to say I do, but I don’t always.  I am still letting go of past hurts and learning to forgive without holding a grudge.  Perhaps, someday I can forgive like Joseph forgave.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You God For Turning Our Ashes into Beauty

There are tragedy and sadness in everyone's life, No one is exempt. Yet, in the midst of the hurt and pain, God is there. He takes the things that hurt us and make us sad and turns them into things are beautiful. The death of my mother  was a tragedy to my dad. However, because of that tragedy, my dad began to see his need for God. In his brokenness, he found a God that could make him whole.  God turned his ashes into beauty. My dad, in turn, taught me to love God.   I am blessed to know God as my savior because of my dad. God also blessed me with a lovely step-mom Life is harsh at times, and many things are sad,  Yet, if we let him, he will take our ashes and make them into a work of art.   He delights in making the ash heaps of our life beautiful.   When we are broken, God is near, and where there is sorrow, he will turn it into dancing.   Thank you, God, F...

Doctors and Taxes

Tonight, I’m doing something I absolutely hate.  My husband and I are working on a budget.  I imagine that most of you feel the same way. It’ kind of like taxes and doctors, we dislike them and breathe a sigh of relief when they are done. Truth be told; we really don’t enjoy working on a budget at all.  Yet it is one of the necessary components in knowing exactly how much you have and what you can spend. If indeed we are responsible to God for how we handle the resources that God has given us, then we need a clear picture. One piece of the puzzle that can bring the whole puzzle into focus is a budget.  It allows you to see and compare what you spend with what you have.  Sometimes as I’ve done a budget and looked at what I saw, I could see that the problem was little things that add up.  I realized that the problem was that I forgot the advice I had been given long ago, little things add up.  As we do a budget, we often see little things th...

Rest For Your Soul

Tonight was such a beautiful sunny night that I decided to go for a walk and enjoy the warm summer sun before another wave of rain hits.  As I cranked up my music and headed out.  I could not help but praise God for the area in which I live.   I, quite literally, live 5 minutes from a small town.   If I want to walk, I can walk down deserted country roads without driving at all.  Yes, I am incredibly blessed.  I saw baby bunnies eating grass by the edge of the road and talked with the most friendly Jersey cows.  They always walk over to the edge of the fence as I walk by nodding their heads in greeting.   There was a deer, in a hurry to catch up with his “deer” friends I suppose.  There were daisies and buttercups, apple trees by the edge of the road and a creek that floods at least once during the spring.  I also occasionally see a very friendly donkey and a few horses who always come to the edge of the fence hoping I have sugar for...