Skip to main content

Live Life



I have learned how to be content (satisfied to the point where I am not disturbed or disquieted) in whatever state I am.

Woooo Hooooo!  Happy New Year!  As I sit here contemplating the year that has gone by, I realize if I had to describe it in one word I would say struggle.  For some reason last year seemed filled with struggle: financially, physically, and emotionally.  As I sit here in the early morning, reflecting on the year I have to say, “Thank you God for walking with us through the storms of the last year.”  God did not calm the storms of the year but he never let go of us either.  He stayed by our side and whispered words of reassurance and hope.  I got you; you can do this; hang in there. 

As I look forward to the New Year, I am filled with hope and excitement.  I can put last year behind me.  It is over and finished. I will keep the good memories and times.  I will pitch the rest to the curb (they weren’t worth saving anyway).  This year I will in the assurance that whatever takes place good AND bad I can trust God to walk with me and never leave me.  I will live in the assurance that even the “rough patches” have to go through Gods hand before they reach me.  I will sleep in the palm of God’s hand and rest in the knowledge that he loves me more than I can fathom.


I want to enjoy the moments of this year.  My desire is to like the apostle Paul “I have learned how to be content (satisfied to the point where I am not disturbed or disquieted) in whatever circumstances I am in.  Whether I am working, enjoying a quiet moment, or facing a spiritual giant I want to live each moment and make the most of it.  I desire to savor the good times like a delicious meal that cannot and should not be hurried through.  In short I want to lie down each night knowing that I have drained each day of all it has to offer.  My desire is to create many happy memories to take into 2016, if God allows, and to make a difference in the lives of those I am around.  I have no desire to simply go through the motions of living I want to live.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You God For Turning Our Ashes into Beauty

There are tragedy and sadness in everyone's life, No one is exempt. Yet, in the midst of the hurt and pain, God is there. He takes the things that hurt us and make us sad and turns them into things are beautiful. The death of my mother  was a tragedy to my dad. However, because of that tragedy, my dad began to see his need for God. In his brokenness, he found a God that could make him whole.  God turned his ashes into beauty. My dad, in turn, taught me to love God.   I am blessed to know God as my savior because of my dad. God also blessed me with a lovely step-mom Life is harsh at times, and many things are sad,  Yet, if we let him, he will take our ashes and make them into a work of art.   He delights in making the ash heaps of our life beautiful.   When we are broken, God is near, and where there is sorrow, he will turn it into dancing.   Thank you, God, F...

Doctors and Taxes

Tonight, I’m doing something I absolutely hate.  My husband and I are working on a budget.  I imagine that most of you feel the same way. It’ kind of like taxes and doctors, we dislike them and breathe a sigh of relief when they are done. Truth be told; we really don’t enjoy working on a budget at all.  Yet it is one of the necessary components in knowing exactly how much you have and what you can spend. If indeed we are responsible to God for how we handle the resources that God has given us, then we need a clear picture. One piece of the puzzle that can bring the whole puzzle into focus is a budget.  It allows you to see and compare what you spend with what you have.  Sometimes as I’ve done a budget and looked at what I saw, I could see that the problem was little things that add up.  I realized that the problem was that I forgot the advice I had been given long ago, little things add up.  As we do a budget, we often see little things th...

Rest For Your Soul

Tonight was such a beautiful sunny night that I decided to go for a walk and enjoy the warm summer sun before another wave of rain hits.  As I cranked up my music and headed out.  I could not help but praise God for the area in which I live.   I, quite literally, live 5 minutes from a small town.   If I want to walk, I can walk down deserted country roads without driving at all.  Yes, I am incredibly blessed.  I saw baby bunnies eating grass by the edge of the road and talked with the most friendly Jersey cows.  They always walk over to the edge of the fence as I walk by nodding their heads in greeting.   There was a deer, in a hurry to catch up with his “deer” friends I suppose.  There were daisies and buttercups, apple trees by the edge of the road and a creek that floods at least once during the spring.  I also occasionally see a very friendly donkey and a few horses who always come to the edge of the fence hoping I have sugar for...