Skip to main content

A Magical Gift





A few weeks ago, I received some coasters as a Christmas gift.  I love it because the person made them just for me.  No, they aren’t expensive but I know that when she made them, I was on her mind.  She was making them special, just for me.  They were the best gift I could have been given.  A few years ago I received a mug from my older daughter.  She hijacked pictures of the family and them put on a mug.  Every time I use that mug I look at those pictures and smile.  Score one for the daughter who knew that mom would love to see those pictures whenever she sat down for a cup of “joe” (coffee).  There have been other gifts that, over the years, have meant the world to me because I knew that the person giving the gift had chosen it with care and love.  They were thinking of me.  They didn’t grab the first thing off the shelf and call it good enough.  No, they deliberately picked the one thing they knew I would love.  Gifts chosen with care, considering the receiver are magical.  To me, just to know that this other person loved you so much that they would put such thought, care and love into a gift is amazing.

Way back at the beginning of time, God had planned the first Christmas gift, the gift of his son.  Wow!! Now that is astonishing.  God knew man; that we would fail him; and, best of all, that we would need a savior!  So way back in the garden he had planned to send his son to bring light into a dark and dirty world.  His love for us was so great that he gave us the one thing, the only thing that could help us.  His son.  There is nothing more deliberate that that. God’s plan was intentional knowing who was to get the gift. The Gift of a baby in a manger on that first Christmas morning was magical.  What better way to say I love you than with a well-planned, thought out gift that was hand pick just for you; that’s just what God did for you because of his great love for you! God chose a gift just for you because he Loves you.  How cool is that!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You God For Turning Our Ashes into Beauty

There are tragedy and sadness in everyone's life, No one is exempt. Yet, in the midst of the hurt and pain, God is there. He takes the things that hurt us and make us sad and turns them into things are beautiful. The death of my mother  was a tragedy to my dad. However, because of that tragedy, my dad began to see his need for God. In his brokenness, he found a God that could make him whole.  God turned his ashes into beauty. My dad, in turn, taught me to love God.   I am blessed to know God as my savior because of my dad. God also blessed me with a lovely step-mom Life is harsh at times, and many things are sad,  Yet, if we let him, he will take our ashes and make them into a work of art.   He delights in making the ash heaps of our life beautiful.   When we are broken, God is near, and where there is sorrow, he will turn it into dancing.   Thank you, God, F...

Doctors and Taxes

Tonight, I’m doing something I absolutely hate.  My husband and I are working on a budget.  I imagine that most of you feel the same way. It’ kind of like taxes and doctors, we dislike them and breathe a sigh of relief when they are done. Truth be told; we really don’t enjoy working on a budget at all.  Yet it is one of the necessary components in knowing exactly how much you have and what you can spend. If indeed we are responsible to God for how we handle the resources that God has given us, then we need a clear picture. One piece of the puzzle that can bring the whole puzzle into focus is a budget.  It allows you to see and compare what you spend with what you have.  Sometimes as I’ve done a budget and looked at what I saw, I could see that the problem was little things that add up.  I realized that the problem was that I forgot the advice I had been given long ago, little things add up.  As we do a budget, we often see little things th...

Rest For Your Soul

Tonight was such a beautiful sunny night that I decided to go for a walk and enjoy the warm summer sun before another wave of rain hits.  As I cranked up my music and headed out.  I could not help but praise God for the area in which I live.   I, quite literally, live 5 minutes from a small town.   If I want to walk, I can walk down deserted country roads without driving at all.  Yes, I am incredibly blessed.  I saw baby bunnies eating grass by the edge of the road and talked with the most friendly Jersey cows.  They always walk over to the edge of the fence as I walk by nodding their heads in greeting.   There was a deer, in a hurry to catch up with his “deer” friends I suppose.  There were daisies and buttercups, apple trees by the edge of the road and a creek that floods at least once during the spring.  I also occasionally see a very friendly donkey and a few horses who always come to the edge of the fence hoping I have sugar for...