Skip to main content

Our God Is Greater…..





“Can't even enjoy life right now Cuz I'm so scared of the future of this country and the world my kids are going to grow up in.”  This is a post I read the other day from a friend.  How about this one, “Struggling with some anger and fear over the many situations in our world that are way out of my control. I'm fighting the urge to share my lovely opinions and to vent my frustrations. But a far better thing to do is for me to get on my knees and simply ask our Lord, our Creator and Savior for help. He is loving and merciful and desires that people turn to him, so that is what I'm praying comes out of all of this mess.”    As I was talking with my daughter the other day, she said almost the same thing. I have a feeling if I polled people many of you about the condition of the world, the feelings would be the same.  Religious persecution is rampant; there have been outbreaks of diseases that they do not know how to cure; the economy is failing; very little, if anything, seems wrong.  To be honest, this world is scary and as I look at this world, my heart sinks too.  It’s easy in the midst of all the turmoil to want to throw our hands up and wonder if there is any hope; or turn off the news put our hands over our ears scream lalalalalalala and hope that if we ignore it, the problem will go away.   Since neither of those solutions are really great options and they will not help.  I want to remind you that God is greater than this world and the mess that it’s in.  There is nothing in this world that surprises God and nothing too hard for him to handle.  As a Christian, there is no need for us to wring our hands in despair.  Yes this world is messed up, it’s been messed up for about 6,000 years, give or take a few years.   Yes, Christ’s return may be soon.  It’s nearer than it was yesterday and definitely nearer than it was 2,000 years ago.  Yes, it will probably get worse. Be that as it may, we still have no need to fear, death has no sting.  Let me repeat that, DEATH HAS NO STING.  Because of Christ’s death on the cross, death itself has no power over us.  If death is the worst case scenario and it has no claim on us then why are we worried?  If we are walking with God, nothing in this world should make us tremble.  God loves us and we are held in his hand and nothing can touch us there. We can trust him even in the chaos of the world today.  Friends, whatever has you feeling discouraged right now  be assured that "Our God is greater than…….".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You God For Turning Our Ashes into Beauty

There are tragedy and sadness in everyone's life, No one is exempt. Yet, in the midst of the hurt and pain, God is there. He takes the things that hurt us and make us sad and turns them into things are beautiful. The death of my mother  was a tragedy to my dad. However, because of that tragedy, my dad began to see his need for God. In his brokenness, he found a God that could make him whole.  God turned his ashes into beauty. My dad, in turn, taught me to love God.   I am blessed to know God as my savior because of my dad. God also blessed me with a lovely step-mom Life is harsh at times, and many things are sad,  Yet, if we let him, he will take our ashes and make them into a work of art.   He delights in making the ash heaps of our life beautiful.   When we are broken, God is near, and where there is sorrow, he will turn it into dancing.   Thank you, God, F...

Doctors and Taxes

Tonight, I’m doing something I absolutely hate.  My husband and I are working on a budget.  I imagine that most of you feel the same way. It’ kind of like taxes and doctors, we dislike them and breathe a sigh of relief when they are done. Truth be told; we really don’t enjoy working on a budget at all.  Yet it is one of the necessary components in knowing exactly how much you have and what you can spend. If indeed we are responsible to God for how we handle the resources that God has given us, then we need a clear picture. One piece of the puzzle that can bring the whole puzzle into focus is a budget.  It allows you to see and compare what you spend with what you have.  Sometimes as I’ve done a budget and looked at what I saw, I could see that the problem was little things that add up.  I realized that the problem was that I forgot the advice I had been given long ago, little things add up.  As we do a budget, we often see little things th...

Rest For Your Soul

Tonight was such a beautiful sunny night that I decided to go for a walk and enjoy the warm summer sun before another wave of rain hits.  As I cranked up my music and headed out.  I could not help but praise God for the area in which I live.   I, quite literally, live 5 minutes from a small town.   If I want to walk, I can walk down deserted country roads without driving at all.  Yes, I am incredibly blessed.  I saw baby bunnies eating grass by the edge of the road and talked with the most friendly Jersey cows.  They always walk over to the edge of the fence as I walk by nodding their heads in greeting.   There was a deer, in a hurry to catch up with his “deer” friends I suppose.  There were daisies and buttercups, apple trees by the edge of the road and a creek that floods at least once during the spring.  I also occasionally see a very friendly donkey and a few horses who always come to the edge of the fence hoping I have sugar for...