Skip to main content

A Happy Dance!

Often in our lives, we only focus on the negative things that happen.  We have too month left at the end of our money, or we or a loved one gets sick and we start to get stressed.  I know my friends that there are mega tons of misery in this world which is why I felt the need today to remind you, and myself, that God is in control.  There are good things that happen each day.  Sometimes we just need to focus on the good things that God does not the bad things that happen.  This morning as I started to worry about the cares of this life, how to pay bills specifically, God reminded me that he had the problem in this hands.  We went to pay the water bill, and were informed that there was a credit.   WOW!! I was flabbergasted but I was also ecstatic.  Since there was a credit (I have learned not to question the how of these things) our bill was much less than expected.  YIPEE!!!!  And Praise God!!   Next came the oil change on the car.  Another necessary expense to extend the life of the car so that it outlasts the payments we make on it.  As we went in, I gave her a coupon and asked how much and she quoted a price about half of what I expected.   By now, I’m ready to do a happy dance around the garage.  My soul was Praising God for seeing to those needs.  After lunch, I was thinking about supper and decided to have leftover ravioli with homemade spaghetti sauce in hopes of saving some pennies.  As I opened the freezer to get out sauce and the rest of the ravioli I noticed a package of ribs that had gone unnoticed until now.   JACKPOT!!!  Now, I WAS elated and my feet were dancing around the kitchen.  There would be ribs to go with the ravioli, this was one happy lady.  I know it doesn’t always work out like this.  Good AND bad things happen.  I’ve weathered both and if none of these things had happened, I would still thank God with a happy dance because He has blessed me beyond measure already. Today choose to focus, if you can, on the blessings a cheerful is a good things and when good things happen Praise God and thank him with a happy dance.  Chances are God has blessed you too, my friend.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Live Fearlessly

                                   As I was driving home today, I passed a person walking on the side of the    road.  Since it was cold, and snowy, I thought I should stop and offer the person a ride.  As I drove on by, I was irritated with myself for not stopping.  I could have and should have but I didn't. Why?  I was scared! Maybe that wouldn't bother you, but I'm willing to bet there are things that make you afraid.  It may be snakes or spiders that send the ticker into  overdrive.  Or maybe it's your job and finances that keep you up at night when you should be resting.  Then again perhaps it's relationships that consume your thoughts and energy.  As followers of God, we know that we are told not to be afraid.  Yet we often are afraid despite everything we know.   As I was driving away from a missed opportunity, I began thinking about what it is that makes us afraid.  I honestly am not sure what it is that causes us to be afraid when we should be bold, but I

Tragedy: A Christian Response

I want to start by telling you a story.  We were new parents.  When Our oldest, a son, was about eighteen to twenty months we had another baby, a girl with brown hair and huge eyes.   One day as I went to feed her, my son who may have been two at the time wandered off to another part of the house.  The next thing I heard was a thud.  I grabbed my baby girl and ran to see what happened.  There was my son with a table on top of him.  He had pulled it over on himself and more blood than I had ever seen was running all over.   We put him in the car and dashed for the ER.  It was not a fun trip. He had a skull fracture and many stitches.  Fast forward about fourteen or fifteen years, I’m at a stop light and watch my youngest daughter about ten start across a street on a bike start across a street just as a truck comes around a corner into the path of the bike.  She hit the side of the truck and bounced onto the road.   I grabbed her up and checked her over there were no injuries, but

The God of Order

  Yesterday, my children and I went walking on a bike trail.    The weather was perfect.   Sunny, warm but not hot.   As we were walking, we started to talk about creation.   Creation itself always amazes me.     Can you imagine watching creation unfold at the word of the Almighty?   It would be   the most glorious and lovely thing to see.      As we were talking, I asked,  “What do you think would have happed if  God had created people first?”     They stopped  gave me a questioning look then my daughter said, “I suppose that we would have starved because there was no food.”     And we all had a laugh creating  other scenarios for what might  have happened if creation had happened in any other way.      Yet, the   fact is that creation itself demonstrates that God is a God of order.   Each day of creation built on   what had been done the day before.    It also reminds me that God wants our lives to be as orderly as possible. God planned creation before one word was spoken