Skip to main content

Faith - Belief In Action






I was taking my aunt to see my mom in the hospital.   As I drove, our conversation turned to spiritual things.  As we talked she said, “How can I know I’m going to heaven?”  Wow!!!  Talk about an open door! This opportunity does not happen every day.  I began to explain that the only thing we need to do is believe and trust God.   Then it happened.  She said, “Well, I already believe in God."   I thought this is going to be easy.  Nope!   I asked, “Well, do you trust God?   Will you let him direct your life?  Suddenly she had a billion excuses for why that was impossible.  I would love to tell you she committed her life to Christ that day, but she didn’t.  Yes, I was sad and disappointed that I could not make her understand that believing IN God was not enough.  Since then I have heard many others say I believe in God yet, sadly, their life tells another story.  As I read James, I come to a verse that always serves to remind me of what I believe.  James says, “You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble!”  Yipes!!!  Think about that for a second.  The demons believe IN God, yet I am sure God does not choose them nor do they have anything to do with God.  Belief that is not acted on is dead and useless.  It would be like believing in electricity, but not having it in your house.  Friend, God wants us to put our faith into action.  To trust him to lead us where we could never dream of going, and do what we could never dream of doing without him.  How can you put your faith into action today?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You God For Turning Our Ashes into Beauty

There are tragedy and sadness in everyone's life, No one is exempt. Yet, in the midst of the hurt and pain, God is there. He takes the things that hurt us and make us sad and turns them into things are beautiful. The death of my mother  was a tragedy to my dad. However, because of that tragedy, my dad began to see his need for God. In his brokenness, he found a God that could make him whole.  God turned his ashes into beauty. My dad, in turn, taught me to love God.   I am blessed to know God as my savior because of my dad. God also blessed me with a lovely step-mom Life is harsh at times, and many things are sad,  Yet, if we let him, he will take our ashes and make them into a work of art.   He delights in making the ash heaps of our life beautiful.   When we are broken, God is near, and where there is sorrow, he will turn it into dancing.   Thank you, God, F...

Doctors and Taxes

Tonight, I’m doing something I absolutely hate.  My husband and I are working on a budget.  I imagine that most of you feel the same way. It’ kind of like taxes and doctors, we dislike them and breathe a sigh of relief when they are done. Truth be told; we really don’t enjoy working on a budget at all.  Yet it is one of the necessary components in knowing exactly how much you have and what you can spend. If indeed we are responsible to God for how we handle the resources that God has given us, then we need a clear picture. One piece of the puzzle that can bring the whole puzzle into focus is a budget.  It allows you to see and compare what you spend with what you have.  Sometimes as I’ve done a budget and looked at what I saw, I could see that the problem was little things that add up.  I realized that the problem was that I forgot the advice I had been given long ago, little things add up.  As we do a budget, we often see little things th...

Rest For Your Soul

Tonight was such a beautiful sunny night that I decided to go for a walk and enjoy the warm summer sun before another wave of rain hits.  As I cranked up my music and headed out.  I could not help but praise God for the area in which I live.   I, quite literally, live 5 minutes from a small town.   If I want to walk, I can walk down deserted country roads without driving at all.  Yes, I am incredibly blessed.  I saw baby bunnies eating grass by the edge of the road and talked with the most friendly Jersey cows.  They always walk over to the edge of the fence as I walk by nodding their heads in greeting.   There was a deer, in a hurry to catch up with his “deer” friends I suppose.  There were daisies and buttercups, apple trees by the edge of the road and a creek that floods at least once during the spring.  I also occasionally see a very friendly donkey and a few horses who always come to the edge of the fence hoping I have sugar for...