Skip to main content

The I In the Middle

Do you ever have times when you feel like God is working on a particular area in your life?  Occasionally, I have those days or weeks when you see God repeating the same lesson. I just had one of those times recently. I was asked to take hours in another department.  As we were in the process of putting it in the computer, I discovered that I already had a full day in my own department that day.  The manager asked, “Are you sure you want to do the extra shift?” “It will be fine," I said all the while I was thinking to myself I really do not want to do that.  I made all sorts of excuses for why I was not honest enough to say what I thought. I do not want to let them down; I have already promised them I would work; I need the extra money.  However, the ugly truth was that I was proud. I wanted to “save face."  As I was getting ready for work, I was reminded of how much harder my day was going to be because of my own stubbornness and pride.  Pride always has a way of making things harder.  Then I thought of other times when I let The I in pride keep me either from apologizing when I should have apologized or forgiving right away.  I did not want to humble myself and admit that I was wrong.   It always caused more problems and never solved any problems.   Imagine the relationships with others that might be salvaged if we put our pride aside.  The I in pride is also, what keeps us from God.  We are too proud to admit we need God and that his way is better than our way.   People, do not listen to the I of pride.  The way will always be harder than you thought. Yet, humbling one’s self when necessary though it seems hard often proves to be an easier path in the end.  There is always an I in the middle of pride.

Lay Down My Pide

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You God For Turning Our Ashes into Beauty

There are tragedy and sadness in everyone's life, No one is exempt. Yet, in the midst of the hurt and pain, God is there. He takes the things that hurt us and make us sad and turns them into things are beautiful. The death of my mother  was a tragedy to my dad. However, because of that tragedy, my dad began to see his need for God. In his brokenness, he found a God that could make him whole.  God turned his ashes into beauty. My dad, in turn, taught me to love God.   I am blessed to know God as my savior because of my dad. God also blessed me with a lovely step-mom Life is harsh at times, and many things are sad,  Yet, if we let him, he will take our ashes and make them into a work of art.   He delights in making the ash heaps of our life beautiful.   When we are broken, God is near, and where there is sorrow, he will turn it into dancing.   Thank you, God, F...

Doctors and Taxes

Tonight, I’m doing something I absolutely hate.  My husband and I are working on a budget.  I imagine that most of you feel the same way. It’ kind of like taxes and doctors, we dislike them and breathe a sigh of relief when they are done. Truth be told; we really don’t enjoy working on a budget at all.  Yet it is one of the necessary components in knowing exactly how much you have and what you can spend. If indeed we are responsible to God for how we handle the resources that God has given us, then we need a clear picture. One piece of the puzzle that can bring the whole puzzle into focus is a budget.  It allows you to see and compare what you spend with what you have.  Sometimes as I’ve done a budget and looked at what I saw, I could see that the problem was little things that add up.  I realized that the problem was that I forgot the advice I had been given long ago, little things add up.  As we do a budget, we often see little things th...

Rest For Your Soul

Tonight was such a beautiful sunny night that I decided to go for a walk and enjoy the warm summer sun before another wave of rain hits.  As I cranked up my music and headed out.  I could not help but praise God for the area in which I live.   I, quite literally, live 5 minutes from a small town.   If I want to walk, I can walk down deserted country roads without driving at all.  Yes, I am incredibly blessed.  I saw baby bunnies eating grass by the edge of the road and talked with the most friendly Jersey cows.  They always walk over to the edge of the fence as I walk by nodding their heads in greeting.   There was a deer, in a hurry to catch up with his “deer” friends I suppose.  There were daisies and buttercups, apple trees by the edge of the road and a creek that floods at least once during the spring.  I also occasionally see a very friendly donkey and a few horses who always come to the edge of the fence hoping I have sugar for...