Skip to main content

The Perfect Trap












Who among us has not thought, at one time or another, “If only I could find “the perfect” job”.  “If I could meet just the perfect man or woman …..”  “If only my family were perfect …..”  In Christian circles, we say, “If I could find the perfect church….”   Everyone seems to be looking for perfection.  After all, God created us for a perfect world.  The danger is in forgetting that perfection cannot exist in a fallen, broken and sin polluted world.  Although we dream of perfection, we have to hold on to the fact that others are not perfect.  Therefore, as much as I may want a perfect job, as long as it is in this world, there will be some deficiency. The same goes for a spouse, or church, or even family.  As long as people are involved, we cannot expect perfection because people are imperfect and sinful.  What this means, for me, is that I will cut others some slack and stop demanding from others, perfection that does not exist.  I will work on the areas where I fall short, and I will trust God to help me be perfect as he is perfect.  Then, and only then, perhaps others will see a perfect God who loves us despite our imperfections.  One other thing, I will also remember that someday I will be perfect, and I will see others perfectly, and I will live in perfection, heaven.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You God For Turning Our Ashes into Beauty

There are tragedy and sadness in everyone's life, No one is exempt. Yet, in the midst of the hurt and pain, God is there. He takes the things that hurt us and make us sad and turns them into things are beautiful. The death of my mother  was a tragedy to my dad. However, because of that tragedy, my dad began to see his need for God. In his brokenness, he found a God that could make him whole.  God turned his ashes into beauty. My dad, in turn, taught me to love God.   I am blessed to know God as my savior because of my dad. God also blessed me with a lovely step-mom Life is harsh at times, and many things are sad,  Yet, if we let him, he will take our ashes and make them into a work of art.   He delights in making the ash heaps of our life beautiful.   When we are broken, God is near, and where there is sorrow, he will turn it into dancing.   Thank you, God, F...

Doctors and Taxes

Tonight, I’m doing something I absolutely hate.  My husband and I are working on a budget.  I imagine that most of you feel the same way. It’ kind of like taxes and doctors, we dislike them and breathe a sigh of relief when they are done. Truth be told; we really don’t enjoy working on a budget at all.  Yet it is one of the necessary components in knowing exactly how much you have and what you can spend. If indeed we are responsible to God for how we handle the resources that God has given us, then we need a clear picture. One piece of the puzzle that can bring the whole puzzle into focus is a budget.  It allows you to see and compare what you spend with what you have.  Sometimes as I’ve done a budget and looked at what I saw, I could see that the problem was little things that add up.  I realized that the problem was that I forgot the advice I had been given long ago, little things add up.  As we do a budget, we often see little things th...

Rest For Your Soul

Tonight was such a beautiful sunny night that I decided to go for a walk and enjoy the warm summer sun before another wave of rain hits.  As I cranked up my music and headed out.  I could not help but praise God for the area in which I live.   I, quite literally, live 5 minutes from a small town.   If I want to walk, I can walk down deserted country roads without driving at all.  Yes, I am incredibly blessed.  I saw baby bunnies eating grass by the edge of the road and talked with the most friendly Jersey cows.  They always walk over to the edge of the fence as I walk by nodding their heads in greeting.   There was a deer, in a hurry to catch up with his “deer” friends I suppose.  There were daisies and buttercups, apple trees by the edge of the road and a creek that floods at least once during the spring.  I also occasionally see a very friendly donkey and a few horses who always come to the edge of the fence hoping I have sugar for...