Skip to main content

Struggle, Struggle Go Away?

because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. James 1:3


It’s rainy, wet, and gloomy.  I am not a fan cold, wet, dreary days. I prefer warm and sunny days.  My guess that most of you feel exactly the same way; we all have said, at one time or another, “rain, rain go away, come again another day”.  Yet, we all know that as much as we don’t like the rain, it is essential and vital if we plan to go on living.  I don’t need to remind you of what our world would be like if it never rained. Friends, God wants us to have a sound faith.  I am reminded that although we don’t like struggles in our life, some difficulties are necessary for our faith to grow.  Faith without some complications would wither and die like plants without rain.  So when you are facing troubles, rest in the knowledge that your faith will be strengthened if you trust God and do not turn back.  Remember that struggles are temporary, they will pass.  Do not fear struggles they will not destroy you.  Rain and struggles will come; how we handle them is our choice.  We can see them as things that ruin our plans or adjust our plans and enjoy the change. Tomorrow, the struggles will be over; the sun will come out.  So for today I will enjoy the rainy day and do some things inside and let it rain.  You can trust God!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Live Fearlessly

                                   As I was driving home today, I passed a person walking on the side of the    road.  Since it was cold, and snowy, I thought I should stop and offer the person a ride.  As I drove on by, I was irritated with myself for not stopping.  I could have and should have but I didn't. Why?  I was scared! Maybe that wouldn't bother you, but I'm willing to bet there are things that make you afraid.  It may be snakes or spiders that send the ticker into  overdrive.  Or maybe it's your job and finances that keep you up at night when you should be resting.  Then again perhaps it's relationships that consume your thoughts and energy.  As followers of God, we know that we are told not to be afraid.  Yet we often are afraid despite everything we know.   As I was driving away from a missed opportunity, I began thinking about what it is that makes us afraid.  I honestly am not sure what it is that causes us to be afraid when we should be bold, but I

Tragedy: A Christian Response

I want to start by telling you a story.  We were new parents.  When Our oldest, a son, was about eighteen to twenty months we had another baby, a girl with brown hair and huge eyes.   One day as I went to feed her, my son who may have been two at the time wandered off to another part of the house.  The next thing I heard was a thud.  I grabbed my baby girl and ran to see what happened.  There was my son with a table on top of him.  He had pulled it over on himself and more blood than I had ever seen was running all over.   We put him in the car and dashed for the ER.  It was not a fun trip. He had a skull fracture and many stitches.  Fast forward about fourteen or fifteen years, I’m at a stop light and watch my youngest daughter about ten start across a street on a bike start across a street just as a truck comes around a corner into the path of the bike.  She hit the side of the truck and bounced onto the road.   I grabbed her up and checked her over there were no injuries, but

The God of Order

  Yesterday, my children and I went walking on a bike trail.    The weather was perfect.   Sunny, warm but not hot.   As we were walking, we started to talk about creation.   Creation itself always amazes me.     Can you imagine watching creation unfold at the word of the Almighty?   It would be   the most glorious and lovely thing to see.      As we were talking, I asked,  “What do you think would have happed if  God had created people first?”     They stopped  gave me a questioning look then my daughter said, “I suppose that we would have starved because there was no food.”     And we all had a laugh creating  other scenarios for what might  have happened if creation had happened in any other way.      Yet, the   fact is that creation itself demonstrates that God is a God of order.   Each day of creation built on   what had been done the day before.    It also reminds me that God wants our lives to be as orderly as possible. God planned creation before one word was spoken