Skip to main content

I Love You God!

 Here’s how we can be sure that we know God in the right way: Keep his commandments.  John 2:2-3


Growing up, there were many things that I chose not to do simply because I knew my parents, especially my dad, would be hurt if I did them.  It wasn't
that I thought my dad would not love me if I did them; I just did not want to cause my dad shame or pain.  A few months ago, some friends went to a club.  Later another mutual friend if I went with them to the club.  The rest of the group laughed and said, “No, she’s a goody-two-shoe”.  Perhaps I should have been offended, but I wasn't.  We’re all friends, and I knew that they meant.  There are many things that I choose not to do because I love God.   I know that God will still love me even if I choose to participate in drunkenness, or do something immoral, or take part in any other lust of the flesh.  I would not cease to be a Christian because I did any of those things.  So, why do I choose not do some of the things that even other Christians would have no problem with? The answer is simple.  I love God.  Let me repeat that, I love God!!  Because I love God, I want to please him.  I do not want to cause him to be disappointed in me; by the things I do.  Because I love God, I will gladly submit to the law, The Ten Commandments.  I do it because I know it pleases God; not because it can make me a Christian.  It’s a tangible way for me to say, “God, I love you. You are my life.”  Friends how much do you love God?  Do you love him so much that you will not take part in sin because it offends Him?  For me, I will choose to live a life that pleases God.  Will you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You God For Turning Our Ashes into Beauty

There are tragedy and sadness in everyone's life, No one is exempt. Yet, in the midst of the hurt and pain, God is there. He takes the things that hurt us and make us sad and turns them into things are beautiful. The death of my mother  was a tragedy to my dad. However, because of that tragedy, my dad began to see his need for God. In his brokenness, he found a God that could make him whole.  God turned his ashes into beauty. My dad, in turn, taught me to love God.   I am blessed to know God as my savior because of my dad. God also blessed me with a lovely step-mom Life is harsh at times, and many things are sad,  Yet, if we let him, he will take our ashes and make them into a work of art.   He delights in making the ash heaps of our life beautiful.   When we are broken, God is near, and where there is sorrow, he will turn it into dancing.   Thank you, God, F...

Perfect for Me

Tomorrow my sweetie and I will be celebrating twenty- nine years of marriage.  What an amazing journey!  I have to confess that when we were first married I had some preconceived ideas of what love and marriage would be like.   I thought love was having my spouse with me all the time, holding hands doing everything together, never having a disagreement.   I thought my darling sweetheart would never let me down or hurt me and everything would be perfect for the rest of our life.   Wow!  Can you believe how incredibly naïve I was?  After twenty-nine years what I realized is that no one could live up to the ideals that I had set because we live in an imperfect world and we are imperfect people.  I know, you’re thinking, “It took you twenty-nine years to realize this?” Nah I realized it after the first year.   I still smile how over the years God has changed my definition of love.  Don’t get me wrong there is n...

Doctors and Taxes

Tonight, I’m doing something I absolutely hate.  My husband and I are working on a budget.  I imagine that most of you feel the same way. It’ kind of like taxes and doctors, we dislike them and breathe a sigh of relief when they are done. Truth be told; we really don’t enjoy working on a budget at all.  Yet it is one of the necessary components in knowing exactly how much you have and what you can spend. If indeed we are responsible to God for how we handle the resources that God has given us, then we need a clear picture. One piece of the puzzle that can bring the whole puzzle into focus is a budget.  It allows you to see and compare what you spend with what you have.  Sometimes as I’ve done a budget and looked at what I saw, I could see that the problem was little things that add up.  I realized that the problem was that I forgot the advice I had been given long ago, little things add up.  As we do a budget, we often see little things th...