Skip to main content

Epic Fail!

I spent some time yesterday booking hotel rooms for a trip we are planning.  I have done this before, so I’m not completely new to the process, and I usually get through the process without complications; until yesterday.  Somehow, as I was booking the rooms, I did not check over the information as thoroughly as I should have checked.  Later, I was informed that the arrival date was wrong.  Oops!  Not a huge problem, I just have to call and change the date.  When I called to change the date, I found that I had also chosen the smoking section of the hotel.  OOPS!  This apparently cannot be corrected; now I’m stuck.  I also found that the insurance I thought I paid when I booked the rooms did not go through. This means that if we have to cancel we get nothing back.  OOPS!  This time, I failed miserably.   Who among us has not had at least one time when we fail?  We think we are doing well, and then we realize that, for whatever reason, we have failed!  Sometimes, they are not too bad, and we can have a good laugh and move on; at other times they may feel monumental.  I want to encourage you today to allow yourself “room to fail”.  The Bible is filled with people who, at some point, failed.  Yet, God loved them in spite of their failure.  The best part is that, in God’s eyes, our failure is not always failure.  It may be just what He, God, planned; we were merely helping him out.  The awesome thing is that, even if we fail, when we love God, He can use even our failures for our good and to glorify Him.  So, child of God, go ahead make mistakes. God will still love you.  He always has; always will.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You God For Turning Our Ashes into Beauty

There are tragedy and sadness in everyone's life, No one is exempt. Yet, in the midst of the hurt and pain, God is there. He takes the things that hurt us and make us sad and turns them into things are beautiful. The death of my mother  was a tragedy to my dad. However, because of that tragedy, my dad began to see his need for God. In his brokenness, he found a God that could make him whole.  God turned his ashes into beauty. My dad, in turn, taught me to love God.   I am blessed to know God as my savior because of my dad. God also blessed me with a lovely step-mom Life is harsh at times, and many things are sad,  Yet, if we let him, he will take our ashes and make them into a work of art.   He delights in making the ash heaps of our life beautiful.   When we are broken, God is near, and where there is sorrow, he will turn it into dancing.   Thank you, God, F...

Doctors and Taxes

Tonight, I’m doing something I absolutely hate.  My husband and I are working on a budget.  I imagine that most of you feel the same way. It’ kind of like taxes and doctors, we dislike them and breathe a sigh of relief when they are done. Truth be told; we really don’t enjoy working on a budget at all.  Yet it is one of the necessary components in knowing exactly how much you have and what you can spend. If indeed we are responsible to God for how we handle the resources that God has given us, then we need a clear picture. One piece of the puzzle that can bring the whole puzzle into focus is a budget.  It allows you to see and compare what you spend with what you have.  Sometimes as I’ve done a budget and looked at what I saw, I could see that the problem was little things that add up.  I realized that the problem was that I forgot the advice I had been given long ago, little things add up.  As we do a budget, we often see little things th...

Rest For Your Soul

Tonight was such a beautiful sunny night that I decided to go for a walk and enjoy the warm summer sun before another wave of rain hits.  As I cranked up my music and headed out.  I could not help but praise God for the area in which I live.   I, quite literally, live 5 minutes from a small town.   If I want to walk, I can walk down deserted country roads without driving at all.  Yes, I am incredibly blessed.  I saw baby bunnies eating grass by the edge of the road and talked with the most friendly Jersey cows.  They always walk over to the edge of the fence as I walk by nodding their heads in greeting.   There was a deer, in a hurry to catch up with his “deer” friends I suppose.  There were daisies and buttercups, apple trees by the edge of the road and a creek that floods at least once during the spring.  I also occasionally see a very friendly donkey and a few horses who always come to the edge of the fence hoping I have sugar for...