Skip to main content

Ah Ha Moments

 whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these,  John 14:12


   Yesterday I had breakfast with my husband, daughter and son-in-law when God me gave an “ah ha” moment.  As we were lingering over our beverages, we started talking about a website I had created.  I was explaining what my thoughts and hopes were for the website.  I was hoping to pick up some pointers on how to work a few of the kinks out of the site.  While we were talking, my daughter’s husband asked me a question that stopped me in my tracks.  He asked me what I would do if someone wanted to order, what seemed to me, an astronomical amount of the item I was selling.  It was at that moment that I realized that I was not thinking big.  I was thinking sell a few and he was thinking sell a lot.  It was then that I also realized how that thinking can carry over into the spiritual realm.  Sometimes I fail to think big enough in my faith.  I want God to do small things for me; when his desire is to do big things in my life.  I think in my case I fail to consider big dreams because it will move me out of the comfort zone and into the unknown.  God wants us to believe we can move mountains and see possibilities.  Thanks and praise be to God and for people who help us to set our sights on the stars, not just the clouds.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You God For Turning Our Ashes into Beauty

There are tragedy and sadness in everyone's life, No one is exempt. Yet, in the midst of the hurt and pain, God is there. He takes the things that hurt us and make us sad and turns them into things are beautiful. The death of my mother  was a tragedy to my dad. However, because of that tragedy, my dad began to see his need for God. In his brokenness, he found a God that could make him whole.  God turned his ashes into beauty. My dad, in turn, taught me to love God.   I am blessed to know God as my savior because of my dad. God also blessed me with a lovely step-mom Life is harsh at times, and many things are sad,  Yet, if we let him, he will take our ashes and make them into a work of art.   He delights in making the ash heaps of our life beautiful.   When we are broken, God is near, and where there is sorrow, he will turn it into dancing.   Thank you, God, F...

Doctors and Taxes

Tonight, I’m doing something I absolutely hate.  My husband and I are working on a budget.  I imagine that most of you feel the same way. It’ kind of like taxes and doctors, we dislike them and breathe a sigh of relief when they are done. Truth be told; we really don’t enjoy working on a budget at all.  Yet it is one of the necessary components in knowing exactly how much you have and what you can spend. If indeed we are responsible to God for how we handle the resources that God has given us, then we need a clear picture. One piece of the puzzle that can bring the whole puzzle into focus is a budget.  It allows you to see and compare what you spend with what you have.  Sometimes as I’ve done a budget and looked at what I saw, I could see that the problem was little things that add up.  I realized that the problem was that I forgot the advice I had been given long ago, little things add up.  As we do a budget, we often see little things th...

Rest For Your Soul

Tonight was such a beautiful sunny night that I decided to go for a walk and enjoy the warm summer sun before another wave of rain hits.  As I cranked up my music and headed out.  I could not help but praise God for the area in which I live.   I, quite literally, live 5 minutes from a small town.   If I want to walk, I can walk down deserted country roads without driving at all.  Yes, I am incredibly blessed.  I saw baby bunnies eating grass by the edge of the road and talked with the most friendly Jersey cows.  They always walk over to the edge of the fence as I walk by nodding their heads in greeting.   There was a deer, in a hurry to catch up with his “deer” friends I suppose.  There were daisies and buttercups, apple trees by the edge of the road and a creek that floods at least once during the spring.  I also occasionally see a very friendly donkey and a few horses who always come to the edge of the fence hoping I have sugar for...