Skip to main content

Dandelions





Dandelions, are they a weed or are they a flower?  Some would argue that they are definitely a weed.  They will spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars just to get rid of those pesky dandelions.

Others will argue just as vehemently that they are a flower.  Children will come running in with a bouquet of dandelions they picked with you in mind.   In their mind, they are flowers.   Whether they are a weed or a flower is not for me to decide.  There is nothing better than seeing dandelions after months of cold, barren winter. 

Dandelions remind me that no matter what this life throws at me, I can get back up shake off the dust and I’m good.  Satan can not defeat me. Have you ever tried to mow dandelions?   You can mow them over and in a few days, it seems like hours, there they are standing boldly, proudly right where they were.   The mower did not defeat them.

They also spread like crazy.   There is never one lone dandelion.  No, there are almost always more than one.  Like dandelions, I am never alone either.  I have many brothers and sisters AND, big and, I have God, who is always with me.  

Dandelions can not be contained.  If your neighbor has a dandelion or two in his yard, look out! They will be in your yard so fast it'll make your head spin.  Those little devils are unstoppable.  If we have the Spirit of God in us, there is absolutely nothing that can or should stop us from spreading the word of God.  This world cannot contain us.


Like dandelions, we are only a weed to those who choose to see us that way.  To those tho want to see posies and the beauty of the dandelion they will always be flowers.   Children see the natural beauty of the dandelions God created.  They can sit for hours making dandelion chains or blowing the dead dandelion heads all over the yard 
pretending to make wishes.   




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You God For Turning Our Ashes into Beauty

There are tragedy and sadness in everyone's life, No one is exempt. Yet, in the midst of the hurt and pain, God is there. He takes the things that hurt us and make us sad and turns them into things are beautiful. The death of my mother  was a tragedy to my dad. However, because of that tragedy, my dad began to see his need for God. In his brokenness, he found a God that could make him whole.  God turned his ashes into beauty. My dad, in turn, taught me to love God.   I am blessed to know God as my savior because of my dad. God also blessed me with a lovely step-mom Life is harsh at times, and many things are sad,  Yet, if we let him, he will take our ashes and make them into a work of art.   He delights in making the ash heaps of our life beautiful.   When we are broken, God is near, and where there is sorrow, he will turn it into dancing.   Thank you, God, F...

Doctors and Taxes

Tonight, I’m doing something I absolutely hate.  My husband and I are working on a budget.  I imagine that most of you feel the same way. It’ kind of like taxes and doctors, we dislike them and breathe a sigh of relief when they are done. Truth be told; we really don’t enjoy working on a budget at all.  Yet it is one of the necessary components in knowing exactly how much you have and what you can spend. If indeed we are responsible to God for how we handle the resources that God has given us, then we need a clear picture. One piece of the puzzle that can bring the whole puzzle into focus is a budget.  It allows you to see and compare what you spend with what you have.  Sometimes as I’ve done a budget and looked at what I saw, I could see that the problem was little things that add up.  I realized that the problem was that I forgot the advice I had been given long ago, little things add up.  As we do a budget, we often see little things th...

Rest For Your Soul

Tonight was such a beautiful sunny night that I decided to go for a walk and enjoy the warm summer sun before another wave of rain hits.  As I cranked up my music and headed out.  I could not help but praise God for the area in which I live.   I, quite literally, live 5 minutes from a small town.   If I want to walk, I can walk down deserted country roads without driving at all.  Yes, I am incredibly blessed.  I saw baby bunnies eating grass by the edge of the road and talked with the most friendly Jersey cows.  They always walk over to the edge of the fence as I walk by nodding their heads in greeting.   There was a deer, in a hurry to catch up with his “deer” friends I suppose.  There were daisies and buttercups, apple trees by the edge of the road and a creek that floods at least once during the spring.  I also occasionally see a very friendly donkey and a few horses who always come to the edge of the fence hoping I have sugar for...