Saturday, November 5, 2016

Who's in Control?





The world we live in is crazy! 

There are shootings, sometimes every day.

We love new experiences and learning about our world, 

but we don't know our neighbor.

We preach tolerance but refuse to tolerate those who are not the minority.

In our desire to be unbiased, we discriminate against the majority.

Yes, our world is a crazy, place.

But amidst all the craziness, I have found a solid rock.

One that does not shift or move no matter what happens.

God.

What a comfort!  

When I think about the fate of our country, 

I know I can trust him.

When people treat me badly;

I can trust God.

I lie down at night and sleep in peace

and I can rise in the morning with hope because

God is in control.

I am thankful that the God I serve is in control 

and he is strong enough to face the fiercest battle and win.


Steven Curtis Chapman