Thursday, November 24, 2016

Blessings, Blessings, Blessings




Since my "other" job is in retail, We had Thanksgiving yesterday.

Before anyone gets a whip for the stores open on Thanksgiving,

please know that I was more than happy to celebrate yesterday.

Thanksgiving is a time to pause and cultivate a Thankful spirit.

So whether I celebrated yesterday or  today was not a big deal to me.

However, as I watched the mad frenzy of people

running around hoping to get that great deal on a sweeper or 

TV,

Or some other product that was on sale,

I was reminded there in the store of how truly blessed I am.

The thought occurred to me 

that there is nothing I truly need.

Yes, there are things I might like,

But I have a house,
clothes and a car

more than enough food.

I am not rolling in money

but thanks be to God who has blessed me,

I have what I need.

My life is not perfect;

yes I have hard  days

 and face many trials,

But I know that God has blessed me more than I deserve.

So Today as I wind down from all the madness that comes with Black Friday

on Thursday, I want to praise God and Thank him for all the blessings I have recieved.