Monday, November 7, 2016

I'm Comfortable

I'm a creature of comfort; most of us are.
There are myriads of things that I enjoy every day.



A good cup of coffee,



and who doesn't appreciate counters,
  sinks and running water?



                                             And I am sure grateful for bathrooms
                                                 otherwise I would have to use this!

Yea that is not happening. This lady will not go outside to use the restroom in the middle of the winter.  Brrrr!  It's way too cold for that.

And I am definitely grateful for my car.
It's not new or anything but it sure beats this.

Can you imagine going anywhere in the winter if that was the ride?  Again Brrrr!  I prefer my heated car.  Thank you very much.  Often in our American culture, we take much of this for granted.

We expect to have clean running water and heat in a house and food on the table forgetting that for many even these basic things are a luxury they do not have.  Thank you, God, for everything we are given.  They are gifts from your hand.