Thank You God For Minor Irritations
As we go through our day, we are often faced with things that irritate or annoy us.
- Someone steals our parking spot
- Washing the dishes
- McDonald's messed up our order
- We spill our drink
- We lose our keys again
- We lock ourselves out of the apartment/house
- We get a flat
- Shoveling Snow
Tonight after work I went to get my jacket only to discover that it was missing. That in itself is not a problem. Don't misunderstand me, I like the jacket, but I rarely form attachments to articles to things. However, my keys were in the jacket pocket. Having no keys meant that I would have no transportation home. Did I mention it was cold? It was freezing. It was irritating because it meant that I had to call my husband and have him bring another set of keys.
I was irritated until I put the situation in perspective.
- The fact that my keys were missing means I have a car. Some people do not have that luxury.
- I am blessed to have more than one jacket. Some people do not even have one jacket.
- I live close enough to work that I could walk.
- It was cold, but it was not raining or snowing.
It's all in how we choose to look at the annoyances.
- If I have to go to work, I can praise God I have a job
- If someone cuts me off in traffic, I can thank God that I have a car.
- If I lock myself out of the house, I can praise God I have a house.
- If I spill my drink, I can praise God that had something to drink.
- As I'm cleaning, I can praise God I have a house.
- When you see that person, who irritates you can be thankful that you can still see and recognize people.
- When you have to walk from the far end of the parking lot, be grateful that you can walk. I know many who would love to be able to walk.