Wednesday, October 30, 2013

To The End

I was taking our middle daughter shopping.  While we were on the way, I asked the question, “What is the difference between “like” and “love”?”    I was not expecting an answer; I was just thinking.  My daughter, supposing I wanted an answer to the question, said, “Well “like” is saying I don’t hate you, but I’m not going over the top for you either.  In that moment, she said what I had been thinking but couldn't express. I have often heard people say, “I love everyone, I just don’t like everyone”.  Friends, do not be deceived; it is not possible to love someone we don’t like.  God wants us to not only like everyone but also love everyone.  We need to love like God loved; to the end.  Do you know what that means? You got it!  Jesus went over the top; above and beyond for you and for me. He didn’t love a little; he loved greatly.  His love for us took him to a cross. Let’s not be guilty of only loving people who love us or can do something for us. Jesus doesn’t stop loving us because it’s hard; and not much fun. Likewise, we should never stop loving others; let’s love others to the end. That is my goal.  To love others ..... to the end.